Monday, October 10, 2011

Scoring challenge

This month the SoShelli.com Creative Challenge is to create projects using scoring. I've used my new Simply Scored Tool several times, but for this card I went all out:

Supplies (all Stampin' Up!®):
Stamps: Create a Cupcake
Ink: Early Espresso
Paper: Baja Breeze card stock, Whisper White card stock, Early Espresso card stock, Designer Series Paper (DSP) Patterns Stack - Brights Collection (Pumpkin Pie, Daffodil Delight)
Accessories: Simply Scored Tool, Dazzling Details, Basic Rhinestones, Corduroy brads (Summer Sun, Pumpkin Pie, Baja Breeze), Baja Breeze seam binding ribbon, Dotted Scallop Ribbon Border punch, Scallop Trim Border punch, 1" circle punch, 3/4" circle punch, Sticky Strip

I used the Simply Scored Tool in three different ways on this card:
  • Textured background -- With scoring grooves every 1/8", the Simply Scored Tool is perfect for making textured backgrounds. I love to make score lines at random widths for an interesting effect.
  • Scored ribbon -- I used Sticky Strip to adhere a piece of Baja Breeze seam binding ribbon to a 1/2" wide strip of Baja Breeze card stock. To add texture to the ribbon, I scored the card stock  every 1/4". Then I added the scallop border behind the ribbon and adhered it to the card.
  • Accordion flowers -- I cut three strips of DSP of different widths (the wider the strip, the larger the flower) and scored them. For each strip, I scored every 1/2" on one side of the paper, flipped the paper over and again scored every 1/2" (in between the current score lines; when done the score lines are every 1/4"). Then I punched the scallop trim border and accordion folded the strip. I used Sticky Strip to glue the two ends of the paper strip together, making sort of a tube. Then I spread one end of the tube open, flattened it to make a flower and glued it to a circle of card stock covered with Sticky Strip.

For embellishment, I added card stock circles and corduroy brads to the flowers and then placed a thin line of Dazzling Details glitter glue on each of the peak folds (it's a little hard to see in the picture, but it's a great little sparkle in real life). I also added Dazzling Details on the banner and a few rhinestones for a little extra glitz. I stamped a birthday greeting on the banner, but you could make this card work for just about any occasion.

Thanks for stopping by!

1 comment: