Tuesday, March 31, 2020

March Christmas card: Holly jolly penguin

I put off making my March Christmas cards until just about the last possible minute, so I have the simplest of clean and simple card designs this month.

Supplies:
Stamps: Holly Jolly Critters (Unity Stamp Company)
Paper: Crumb Cakse card stock (Stampin' Up!)
Ink: Soft Suede (Stampin' Up!)
Accessories: Jute twine (May Arts Ribbon), Ice White Pearl Pen (Viva Decor), Corner Chomper (We R Memory Keepers), Art Glitter Glue (Art Institute)

Even though it's a simple card design, I do still think it's cute. And this would be a great card for a new stamper to create (one stamp set, one ink pad, one color of card stock) or if you needed a design to mass produce.

There's not really much here for me to explain. I stamped the wreath, penguin, and sentiment on Crumb Cake card stock using Soft Suede ink and then rounded the two bottom corners of the card. I added just a little bit of texture by gluing a simple twine bow at the bottom of the wreath and adding pearly white droplets over some of the berries on the wreath. I thought about using red for the berries, but I decided to stick with the neutral color pallet.

I did manage to put together a few other cards today. They were also simple cards -- just trying to use up some scraps of patterned paper -- but something is better than nothing.

Thanks for stopping by and stay well!

3 comments:

Sunshine. said...

I love these cards Andrea! So very cute!Love the tiny drops of white too! Clean and simple is good, life (at the moment) is complicated enough! I've lost my mojo at the moment, hopefully it comes back soon!
Take care and stay well!
Sunshine.
ihearttostamp.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

They look great! Clean, simple and elegant (yes, the penguin is whimsical, but limited colors, elegant font) and perfect for anyone. Single layer is great too for mailing.
Judy

Andrea said...

Thanks so much, Sunshine and Judy!