Tuesday, March 10, 2020

Watercolor English cottage

I had fun last week making a cute critter card for the Art Impressions Home Sweet Home challenge, so I decided to make one more before the challenge ends tomorrow. But for this card I decided to take a different approach and pull out some of my watercolor stamps to create a pretty red English cottage.

Supplies:
Stamps: WC Series 6 Set 1 - 3497, Foliage set - 4051, WC Mini Flower set - 5009 (Art Impressions)
Paper: Watercolor paper (Strathmore), Basic Black card stock (Stampin' Up!), Wlcome Home paper pad (Carta Bella)
Ink: Markers - 88 terra cotta, 40 brownish grey, 45 sepia, 13 ochre, 86 African violet, 60 salvia blue (Marvy Le Plume II), 158 dark olive (Tombow)
Accessories: Stitched Frame Stacklets dies (Taylored Expressions), sparkling clear sequins (Pretty Pink Posh), clear Wink of Stella glitter brush pen (Kuretake), #4 round paintbrush (Connoisseur), foam tape (3M), Art Glitter Glue (Art Institute)

I think this is the first time I've used my watercolor stamps to make a picture with a building, at least on my own. Usually I stick to the flowers and plants in containers. So before I started I watched a YouTube video with Bonnie Krebs first to get a few tips; her videos and projects are always amazing.



Overall I'm happy with how this image turned out. I really like the cottage roof and the tree. And I added a little clear Wink of Stella glitter on the windows so they look like they're sparkling in the sunlight, although you can't really see that detail in the photo.

I kept the rest of the card fairly simple. I layered a piece of herringbone patterned paper on a plain card base for the background. I die cut a stitched black frame for the painted image and used foam tape to attach the panel to the card base. Then I added a few small sequins for a little sparkle.

My home sweet home doesn't look anything like this little cottage, but I'd sure love to spend some time here! Thanks for stopping by!

1 comment:

Sunshine. said...

That's so pretty! And I love haze of blue flowers scattered around! Your water colouring skills are really good - note to self "practise more!".
I am always inspired by your cards and the different techniques you use, thank you!
Sunshine.
ihearttostamp.blogspot.com