Sunday, March 15, 2020

A bright spot

With all the craziness and uncertainty caused by the current virus crisis, I think everyone is pretty stressed and maybe even a little scared. So I thought I'd create a little (tiny, itty bitty) bright spot by sharing a few cards with colorful flowers.

Supplies:
Stamps: Fresh Florals (Taylored Expressions)
Paper: Toffee, Guava card stock (Taylored Expressions); Whisper White, thick Whisper White card stock (Stampin' Up!)
Ink: Guava, Pineapple, Plum Punch, Lime Zest, Sugar Cube (Taylored Expressions)
Accessories: Fresh Florals dies (Taylored Expressions), Stitched Frames Stacklets dies (Taylored Expressions), Scattered Floral Stencil (Taylored Expressions), Opaque Bright White Super Fine embossing powder (WOW!), blender brush (Picket Fence Studios), sparkling clear sequins (Pretty Pink Posh), Art Glitter Glue (Art Institute), foam tape (3M)

To make these spring-y cards, I started by stamping the various flower and leaf images in a few different colors on white card stock and cutting them out with the coordinating dies. I set the flowers aside and focused on the card bases.

I had enough flowers for two cards, so for the first card I used a plain white card base and added a stitched frame cut from Guava card stock. I wanted to try something different for the second card, so using a stencil and blender brush, I added a white floral pattern to a Toffee card base and then added a stitched Toffee frame.

Using glue and foam tape, I created a large cluster of flowers and leaves in a lower corner on each card. I added a smaller cluster of flowers in the opposite upper corner of each card. To create the small pairs of leaves for those clusters I just stamped, die cut and then trimmed apart one of the leafy branches.

I finished off each card by stamping the "Hello friend" sentiment inside the frame. I embossed the sentiment on the Toffee card to help it stand out against the patterned background.

Supplies:
Stamps: Beautiful Bouquet (Stampin' Up!)
Paper: Whisper White, thick Whisper White, Basic Black card stock (Stampin' Up!)
Ink: Party COllection inks (Catherine Pooler); Intens-ified Black, Nest (Hero Arts)
Accessories: Bouquet Bunch dies (Stampin' Up!), Iridescent Sequin Assortment (Stampin' Up!), art Glitter Glue (Art Institute), foam tape (3M)

With the reds and oranges, this card definitely has a summery feel to me. As with the cards above, I stamped the flowers on white card stock and then cut them out with the coordinating dies. I stamped the bunch of stems on the left side of a white card base and then used glue and foam tape to adhere the flowers.

You know what's funny? After I made this card, I realized that I should have stamped the tulips in a different color, because when I look at them, all I see are lobster claws. And now that's probably what you'll see, too. You're welcome. :)

I stamped the sentiment in black to the right of the bouquet and then added a couple of little flowers next to it. I adhered a thin strip of black card stock along the bottom edge of the card front, and to finish the card, I scattered a few iridescent sequins around the bouquet.

Thanks for stopping by today. Stay well!

3 comments:

Sunshine. said...

I'm loving these sunshiney summer cards Andrea! The colours are so vibrant and sure does make me think of Summer! OMG, now that you mention it, I too see red lobster claws!! LOL! Who cares, they look great anyhow!
I like the Toffee coloured card, it SOUNDS yummy and looks yummy!
Yes, you are right about this awful Covid 19 virus. We are lucky, we only have five cases of it here and all of those people are in self isolation and all are getting better. We have not had any deaths as yet. I like being self isolated, it's a great excuse to craft more!!
Stay well,
Sunshine.
ihearttostamp.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

Beautiful, cheerful and colorful cards! Thanks for the bright boost to spirits. The tulips still look like tulips for me, probably because of all the other flowers. If they were on a nautical themed cards...maybe the association would be different. :-)
The thought of looking like lobster claws did make me smile!
Good thoughts for you and yours, that you'll all be healthy and well too!
Judy

Andrea said...

Thanks, Judy and Sunshine! (Since I changed the format of the comments, I can't reply individually.)