Tuesday, July 3, 2018

Wildlife note card set

Last week I wanted to make a set of note cards for the parents of one of my friends. They have a lake home surrounded by trees and truly enjoy nature and wildlife, and I think this set is perfect for them:

Supplies (all Stampin' Up! unless otherwise noted):
Stamps: Wildlife Friends (Inkadinkado), Artisan Textures
Paper: Crumb Cake note cards and envelopes, Very Vanilla card stock
Ink: Crumb Cake, Early Espresso
Accessories: Stitched Shapes Framelits dies, Early Espresso seam binding ribbon, twine, Dazzling Metallics sequins (Craft Medley), Glue Dots, Dimensionals

I had bought the Wildlife Friends stamp set (from Inkadinkado) months ago, and I knew right away that I wanted to make a card set like this. I have to say that I love how it turned out.

To compliment the images, I used a neutral color pallet of Crumb Cake, Early Espresso and Very Vanilla. For the background, I stamped the "scratchy" image from the Artisan Textures set twice using Crumb Cake ink on the Crumb Cake note card. It adds just a little bit of texture and depth without being distracting. I adhered a piece of Early Espresso seam binding ribbon across the stamped background and then a bit of looped twine over the ribbon. (If you look closely at all the cards in the photo above, you'll notice that I had to use two different kinds of twine. I started with one and then realized I didn't have enough. That seems to be happening to me a lot lately ...)

For the focal point, I stamped an animal on Very Vanilla card stock using Early Espresso ink and then die cut it with a stitched circle die. I used Dimensionals to adhere the circle over the ribbon and twine. A few brown sequins add a simple embellishment.

I purposely didn't add any sentiments to these cards, because I know the recipients like blank cards that they can use for any occasion. I did, though, stamp the animal images on the envelopes so each card has a matching envelope. Cute!

Thanks for stopping by!

3 comments:

Sunshine said...

I really like these cards, especially the different animals! The colours and embellishments you have used blend in well with the animals. The cards definitely say, "Nature", to me!
Sunshine
www.ihearttyostamp.blogspot.com

Sunshine said...

Ooops! My blog address should be: ihearttostamp.blogspot.com
Sunshine

Anonymous said...

The matching stamp on the outside of the envelope is a nice touch - simple to do, but adds a lot to the set. Very nice!
Judy