Saturday, July 14, 2018

Card sets featuring DSP

Sometimes patterned paper is too pretty to cover up and needs to be in the spotlight. That's just where I put the Share What You Love Specialty Designer Series Paper (DSP) in two card sets I made last week.


Supplies (all Stampin' Up! unless otherwise noted):
Paper: Share What You Love Specialty DSP; Tranquil Tide, Mint Macaron, Petal Pink, Old Olive, So Saffron, Rich Razzleberry card stock; copper foil sheets
Accessories: Copper cord (unknown), copper liquid pearls (unknown)

First off, I apologize for the lighting in these photos. I took them outside, which usually works well, but not so much this time. The cards are much prettier in person!

Back to this first set of cards. I chose six of the patterns from the pack of DSP and cut a 3-3/4" x 5-1/2" piece of each. I chose six coordinating colors of card stock for the card bases -- there are so many colors that match this pack of DSP! -- and adhered a piece of DSP to each base.

Of course I wanted to embellish the cards, but I didn't want to detract from the DSP. So I decided to add metallic accents. I went with copper because I really liked it with the yellow, pink and peach tones in the paper. I wasn't crazy about how it looked with the blues and greens, but I went with it anyway. (And honestly, it's grown on me on those cards, too.) I added a strip of copper foil paper along the left edge of the DSP, tied copper trim around the card front, and added copper liquid pearls on the DSP. It's a simple card set, but still pretty -- and suitable for so many occasions.

Supplies (all Stampin' Up! unless otherwise noted):
Paper: Share What You Love Specialty DSP; Tranquil Tide, Mint Macaron, Petal Pink, Old Olive, So Saffron, Rich Razzleberry card stock; copper foil sheets
Accessories: Burlap ribbon trim, linen thread, Very Vintage buttons, Brights buttons, Dimensionals

For the second set of cards, I used the same colors for the card bases and the same main DSP patterns. But I wanted to mix patterns for this card set, so I adhered the main DSP to about the top two-thirds of each card base and then added a complimentary pattern to the bottom third of the card. (Note: The patterns that are together on each card are not the front and back of the same piece of DSP.) The trickiest pattern to match was the small yellow flowers on the top middle card. I couldn't find a coordinating pattern that I liked, so I decided to switch it up for that card and use a completely different color. I always love purple and yellow together anyway.

Instead of metallic accents on these cards, I went more natural with a piece of burlap trim across the card front (to cover the seam in the papers) and a linen thread bow tied on a button. I used Dimensionals to adhere a button to each card just above the burlap trim. Another pretty set of simple, all-occasion cards.

Thanks for stopping by!

No comments: