Tuesday, July 24, 2018

Need a smile?

If you need a little smile today, I've got the perfect card for you. Every time I look at it, it just cracks me up.

Supplies (all Stampin' Up! unless otherwise noted):
Stamps: Little Dreamer - Cardmaking (Close to My Heart), Pure Magic (Essentials by Ellen), Love You S'More (Lawn Fawn)
Paper: White card stock (Cougar)
Ink: Almost Amethyst, Pool Party, River Rock, Stardust Gelly Roll pen (Sakura)
Accessories: Wonky Stitched Circles dies (My Favorite Things), Viola sequin assortment (Craft Medley), Glue Dots, Dimensionals

Ha ha ha ha ha ha! This has to make you smile, right? Even if it's not your style, or you think it's just silly, I'm pretty sure it has to amuse you just a little.

When I saw the Pure Magic stamp set from Essentials by Ellen, I had to order it the day it was released. There are a lot of great sentiments that work with rainbow, unicorn and other magical images. But I confess that I wanted this set mostly because of this sentiment. I had an idea for a layout like this, and I'm so glad it worked out.

I stamped my unicorn's body with Almost Amethyst ink and used Pool Party for the mane and tale and River Rock for the snout and horn. The big question, though, was how to illustrate the unicorn's farts. Pink puffs? Swirly rainbows? I decided to go with sparkly stars.

I used River Rock to stamp three tiny stars below the unicorn's tail and draw a few curly lines. Then I went over them with a Stardust Gelly Roll pen to add the sparkle. I love how that made the ink look almost gold, so I added sparkle to the unicorn's horn and snout, too. I cut out the completed unicorn with a large wonky stitched circle die. (Note: I positioned the die so it was closer to the right side of the unicorn image because I knew I would be trimming off the left part of the circle.)

On a separate piece of white card stock I stamped the sentiment with Pool Party ink and cut it out with a smaller wonky stitched circle die. I wanted to emphasize a few of the words, so I stamped the sentiment again using River Rock ink, carefully trimmed out the words "glitter" and "unicorn farts," and used Dimensionals to attach them over the original sentiment. I also went over those words with the Stardust Gelly Roll pen.

I used Dimensionals to adhere the two circles to a white card base and added a few sequins for embellishment. And that's it! Not a complicated card, but definitely an amusing one.

Thanks so much for stopping by. And remember, make today a glitter-filled bag of rainbows and unicorn farts!

2 comments:

Sunshine said...

...I'm sitting here in my pajamas, laughing my head off! I just LOOOVE this card Andrea! The sentiment is fabulous, and, yes, I WILL make my day a 'glitter-filled bag of rainbows and unicorn farts'!! I absolutely adore this card, the colours are so pretty, and of course...I believe in Unicorns..who doesn't?!! Thank you for making my day and putting a huge grin on my face:-)
Sunshine
www.ihearttostamp.blogspot.com

Andrea said...

Thanks, Sunshine! I’m glad you find it as amusing as I do!😁ðŸĪŠðŸ˜‚