Wednesday, May 16, 2018

Black-and-white dogwood

I'm a little late sharing the card I made for my mom for Mother's Day. But it's a pretty floral design that would be great for almost any occasion by just changing or omitting the sentiment.

Supplies (all Stampin' Up! unless otherwise noted):
Stamps: Dogwood (Hero Arts), May Good Things Grow (March 2018 Paper Pumpkin)
Paper: Whisper White, thick Whisper White, Blushing Bride card stock
Ink: Blushing Bride, Memento Tuxedo Black
Accessories: Clear and gold Wink of Stella glitter brush pens, 1-3/8" circle punch, Blushing Bride twill ribbon, clear faceted gem, Corner Chomper (We R Memory Keepers), Metallics sequin assortment

A few months ago I ordered this dogwood stamp from Hero Arts. I hadn't had a chance to use it yet, so I decided that Mother's Day would be the perfect occasion.

I started by repeatedly stamping the image with black ink on a white card base to create a toile-like background. I "flicked" my gold Wink of Stella brush pen over the card stock to add some gold glitter and then rounded the two bottom corners.

For the focal flower, I stamped the dogwood image using Blushing Bride ink twice: once on Blushing Bride card stock and once on white card stock. I cut out both flowers and adhered the pink flower directly onto one of the same images on the card base. I painted clear Wink of Stella glitter on the white flower, curled up the petals a bit and glued just the middle to the pink flower. A clear faceted gem finished the flower.

To add the sentiment, I stamped "Happy Mother's Day" on white card stock and punched it out with a circle punch. I adhered the circle in the lower left corner and added a strip of Blushing Bride ribbon. A few scattered gold sequins add a little extra sparkle.

Thanks for stopping by!

1 comment:

Sunshine said...

Oh gosh, that is so pretty Andrea! I love the touch of Pink with the black and white:-) I bet your mom loved it too!
Love the little flick of gold you added! Stunning:-)
Sunshine
www.ihearttostamp.blogspot.com