Thursday, May 31, 2018

Hot air balloon Crazy Z Fold card

After all the fun I had making my first two Crazy Z Fold cards, I had to make one more:

Supplies (all Stampin' Up! unless otherwise noted):
Stamps: Lift Me Up
Paper: Mint Macaron, Night of Navy, Whisper White card stock; Carried Away Designer Series Paper (DSP)
Ink: Mint Macaron, Night of Navy, Peekaboo Peach, Watermelon Wonder
Accessories: Up & Away Thinlits dies, Iridescent Sequin Assortment, Dimensionals, Art Glitter Glue (Art Institute Glitter)

I hadn't used my Lift Me Up stamp set in awhile, so I pulled out that one and the coordinating Carried Away DSP. I thought the two would make a fun scene for this card, and I think it turned out pretty cute!

Note: If you want to know the measurements I used for my card, check out my previous blog post.

I used Mint Macaron card stock for the base Z fold and added a piece of DSP to the bottom panel that looks like a view of the ground from a hot air balloon. On the middle and top panels I used Night of Navy DSP with a scene printed in white. I like how the whole piece flows from the ground at the bottom up to the sky at the top.

For the inner Z fold, I used Night of Navy card stock. The top two panels have Mint Macaron DSP patterned with white clouds, and the bottom panel is Whisper White card stock stamped with a birthday sentiment.

To decorate the panels, I stamped and die cut several hot air balloons and clouds. The multi-color balloons are made by coloring directly on the rubber stamp with markers and then stamping on white card stock. I adhered the pieces to the top two panels on the inner Z fold, letting some overlap the edge of the panel and attaching others with Dimensionals. I also added a couple of clouds to the sentiment panel to continue the theme.

And for the finishing touch - sequins! I added several coordinating sequins on the different panels, and I love how they look -- they remind me of glints of sunshine.

I think I'm hooked on the Crazy Z Fold cards. I haven't made anymore yet, but I know I'll go back to them. Thanks for stopping by!






3 comments:

Sunshine said...

What a fun card! I really like how the DSP on the bottom panel makes it look like the hot air balloons really are up n the sky! That was a clever idea! I like the DSP with the clouds on too! As I said, a fun card!
Sunshine
ihearttostamp.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

This fold is so cool! I love this card and the guy cards in the previous post. Always on the lookout for cards for guys.
Judy

Andrea said...

Thanks, Sunshine and Judy!