Monday, May 14, 2018

Summery fruit-themed card set

I've been running low on sets of cards for gift giving, so last week I decided to make a couple of card sets using some mini fruit images and bright summery colors.

Supplies (all Stampin' Up!):
Stamps: Fruit Basket
Paper: Tutti-Frutti cards and envelopes; Whisper White, Night of Navy, Peekaboo Peach, Basic Black, Soft Suede card stock; Tutti-Frutti 6" x 6" Designer Series Paper (DSP)
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Soft Suede, Daffodil Delight, Lemon-Lime Twist, Calypso Coral, Night of Navy, Real Red, Peekaboo Peach
Accessories: Itty Bitty Fruit punch pack, Tutti-Frutti adhesive-backed sequins, 1-1/4" and 1-3/8" square punches, Mono Multi liquid glue, Mini Dimensionals

Aren't they fun? I was inspired by a note card made by Stampin' Up! demonstrator Mary Fish. Mary's design was simple enough to repeat for a set of cards, and I love that it featured both the fruit and the pattern images on the DSP. I think these cards are fairly self-explanatory, so I won't go into the how-to details; but as always, if you have any questions, just leave a comment below.

I used a set of pre-printed Tutti Frutti cards and envelopes for my card bases. There were sixteen cards in the pack, so I went ahead and made two sets of these cards: one to put in the mail right away to a good friend and one to have on hand for later.

The hardest part of making this card set was deciding how to combine the sentiments, card bases, fruit images and DSP. There were so many possible combinations that all would have worked to create adorable cards.

I did have one minor disaster when I was finishing up these cards. As the last step, I stamped a "hand-stamped by" image on the back of each card and then stacked the cards in a pile. As I was doing it I told myself that I probably shouldn't stack them just in case the ink smeared. But I did it anyway, and sure enough, a bunch of those "hand-stamped by" images smeared on the fronts of the cards they were sitting on. Sigh.

I was so annoyed I had to just walk away from my craft table. It's so frustrating when you mess something up at the very end. Once I calmed down, I managed to find eight cards that were OK. For the rest of them I had to pull off the punched fruit shape, make a new sentiment banner, adhere it over the current banner and punch out new fruit shapes. So in the end they still turned out okay, it just took me a lot longer to finish them than it should have.

Thanks for stopping by!

1 comment:

Sunshine said...

Andrea these cards are great! And yes, I know how frustrating it is when you get an ink spot or smear on your card you have just made...did the same thing myself today! Like you, I walked away from my desk and have left the card alone for awhile. Frustrating! I love all the little fruits on the banners, so cute. Yo have done a fabulous job:-) Very inspiring- thanks:-)
Sunshine
ihearttostamp.blogspot.com