Tuesday, May 22, 2018

May's Christmas card

Hey, look at me - I'm posting my May Christmas card design with more than a week left of the month. Woohoo! And I actually made these cards on the May 12. Definitely the best I've done with my monthly Christmas cards so far this year. The best part, though, is that I really like the clean and simple design.

Supplies (all Stampin' Up! unless otherwise noted):
Stamps: Time of Year
Paper: Whisper White note cards and envelopes, Whisper White card stock
Ink: Soft Suede, Real Red, Emerald Envy
Accessories: Bunches of Banners Framelits dies, Red Berry gloss Crystal Nuvo Drops (Tonic Studios), gold striped washi tape, Dimensionals

I love that giant "thinking of you" as the focal point for a card. The "at" and the "Christmas" banner are separate stamps, and there are several others in the set (as well as a few different accent images) so you can customize the saying for many different holidays or occasions. It was a host set in the Stampin' Up! catalog last year that, believe it or not, I still hadn't used. (How does that happen? It must mean I have too many stamps. Is that even possible?)

Anyway, back to the card. I used a piece of Whisper White card stock that was 3-1/4" x 4-3/4" for the main layer. I stamped the sentiment in Soft Suede ink and added the holly leaves with Emerald Envy. I used Crystal Nuvo Drops for the berries to add a little texture. I stamped the banner with Real Red, die cut it and attached it to the layer with Dimensionals.

The card still needed "something," so I made a border by placing a strip of gold striped washi tape along the top and bottom of the card stock layer, folding the ends around to the back. Then I attached the layer to the note card base with Dimensionals. I thought about adding sequins, but I decided against it because I didn't want to distract from the holly berries. What do you think: add sequins or leave it as is?

I'm curious to see if I can complete my June Christmas card even earlier in the month. I guess we'll see what happens. Thanks for stopping by!

2 comments:

Sunshine said...

Add sequins!! I love the card as it is but I also love how you use sequins! And no, you can never have too many stamps, believe me!:-)
I love the gold washi tape, it gives the card a real Christmassy feel:-) I think I may have just made up a new word there?! I also love how you can mix and match the words in that stamp set, this way you get more out of the stamp set.
You are doing so well with your Christmas cards Andrea!
Hugs from Sunshine
ihearttostamp.blogspot.com

Andrea said...

Ha! I love your enthusiasm, Sunshine!:) I do love sequins, so it isn't hard to talk me into using them. When I make my June Christmas card, I'll get these back out and find some sequins to add. ;)