Saturday, May 12, 2018

Bubbling-over birthdays

What a week! A bunch of little things just seemed to pile up, with the result that I couldn't find time to sit down and write a blog post. As it is I'm managing to squeeze this one in before the stroke of midnight, so it's just one post this week. But I suppose one is better than none! And without further ado, here are two birthday cards made with the Bubble Over stamp set and Bottles & Bubbles Framelits dies.

Supplies (all Stampin' Up! unless otherwise noted):
Stamps: Bubble Over, Sentimental Birthday (Winnie & Walter)
Paper: Soft Sky, Whisper White, Bermuda Bay, Lemon Lime Twist, Calypso Coral, vellum card stock; Bubbles & Fizz Designer Series Paper (DSP)
Ink: Bermuda Bay, Lemon Lime Twist, Calypso Coral
Accessories: Bottles & Bubbles Framelits dies, Layering Circles Framelits dies, 4mm and 6mm clear droplets (Pretty Pink Posh), clear Wink of Stella glitter brush pen, Mono Multi liquid glue, Dimensionals

For my first card with this set I wanted to make a colorful kid-friendly, but not "kid-ish," birthday card. I chose one of the patterns from the coordinating DSP, cut off a strip and determinded my color palette from there.

To make the pop bottles, I cut each bottle out of colored card stock and vellum card stock. I also die cut a matching straw for each bottle. I adhered the stamped and die-cut labels to the vellum bottle shapes and glued the straws to the colored bottles. Then I adhered the vellum bottles to the colored ones, placing the glue mostly behind the labels, with just a drop at the top of the bottles. Around the top of the bottles I stamped a cluster of bubbles and added a few clear droplets.

Supplies (all Stampin' Up!):
Stamps: Bubble Over
Paper: Chocolate Chip, Real Red, Whisper White, vellum card stock; Bubbles & Fizz DSP; gold foil paper
Ink: Chocolate Chip, Real Red
Accessories: Bottles & Bubbles Framelits dies, Stitched Shapes Framelits dies, Itty Bitty Accents punch pack, clear Wink of Stella glitter brush pen, Dimensionals, Mono Multi liquid glue

For my second card I went with a more masculine design. I stamped the bottles with Chocolate Chip ink to make them look like beer bottles. You can't tell in the picture, but I also painted the stamped bottles with clear Wink of Stella glitter to make them glisten like glass. I made the labels, adhered them to the die-cut labels and added gold caps.

For the card base I used Chocolate Chip card stock with a strip of DSP and a strip of Real Red card stock. (Looking at the card now I think I should have added something to the card base, maybe embossing or tone-on-tone stamping. I was trying to keep it simple, but I think it's a little boring.) I added a vellum stitched oval as a mat for the bottles and finished off with three gold stars.

That's it for tonight. Here's hoping that next week I'll be back on track. Thanks for stopping by!

1 comment:

Sunshine said...

Oh I love those cute bottles! I like how you made some of them look "frosty"! So cute and colourful, love both cards!
Sunshine
ihearttostamp.blogspot.com