Friday, November 22, 2013

Mini Thanksgiving boxes

This has been a rough crafting week for me. Not a lot of time to stamp, and when I did have some time, nothing seemed to come out right. Frustrating. Yesterday I finally decided I needed to work on something simple and straightforward: mini treat boxes for Thanksgiving.

Supplies (all Stampin' Up! unless otherwise noted):
Stamps: Tags 4 You
Card stock: Really Rust, Naturals Ivory
Ink: Really Rust
Accessories: Gift box punch board (We R Memory Keepers), hemp twine, leaf brads (Creative Impressions), 1/8" hole punch

I used the gift box punch board to make the boxes; each one used a 6" x 6" piece of Really Rust card stock. To create the tags I stamped the "Happy Thanksgiving" image from the Tags 4 You set on Naturals Ivory card stock with Really Rust ink and cut them out. (Stampin' Up! makes a coordinating punch, but I don't have it yet. These images are actually pretty easy to cut out by hand.) I added two leaf brads to each tag and used hemp twine to attach them to the boxes.

Inside each box is five foil-wrapped chocolate leaves. I thought these would be cute little holiday treats for a few of the bus drivers I have when I go to work -- one of the drivers I see in the morning drops me off right in front of school so I don't have to walk from the corner, which is really nice on cold, snowy, dark mornings. It's always nice to thank the people who probably don't hear that enough.

I'm pretty happy with how these boxes turned out. And now that I have one project successfully finished, maybe I'll have a more productive weekend. Thanks for stopping by!

No comments: