Saturday, November 2, 2013

Getting back on track

October was definitely not my best month in terms of blog posts. In my defense, it was challenging to keep up with regular posts when I was gone two full weekends out of the month; the weekends are when I do most of my creating so I have things to post. But I'm going to try to get back on track in November, and I'll start by sharing one of the cards I made for the November Creative Crew challenges on Splitcoast Stampers (SCS).

Supplies (all Stampin' Up!):
Stamps: Tape It
Cardstock: Very Vanilla, Chocolate Chip, Crushed Curry
Ink: Chocolate Chip, Crushed Curry, Soft Sky, Sahara Sand
Accessories: Essentials Paper-Piercing Pack, paper-piercing tool and mat, Itty Bitty Shapes punch pack, Candy Dots - Brights, corner rounder, Mono Multi liquid glue, Dimensionals

For this challenge we had to use Sweater Weather Designer Series Paper or the colors Chocolate Chip, Crushed Curry, Sahara Sand, Soft Sky and Tangerine Tango together. This challenge was tricky for me because Tangerine Tango threw me off. It's a great color, but I struggled with it in this combo. So after playing around with different ideas, I decided to use just a tiny bit of it as an accent color.

The Tape It stamp set, which I really didn't think I would need when I first saw it in the Stampin' Up! catalog,  has become one of my favorites. It's so easy to use the stamps for a fun background or, as I did here, the focal images of a card. I "eyeballed" all the stamping on this card, so I'm pleased that they came out relatively straight and evenly spaced. I used the Essentials Paper-Piercing Pack to add the lines of piercing between the stamped images -- they definitely would have been crooked if I'd tried to do them freehand. For the last detail I added three punched Crushed Curry flowers with Tangerine Tango Candy Dots centers.

I'll post another one of my challenge cards tomorrow. Until then, if you're looking for more inspiration, check out the November Creative Crew gallery on SCS. Thanks for stopping by!