Saturday, November 9, 2013

Everyday Occasions Cardmaking Kit

In September, Stampin' Up! introduced the Everyday Occasions Cardmaking Kit. The kit is designed to introduce stamping and cardmaking to new crafters and includes almost everything you need to make twenty all-occasion cards (you supply the scissors and adhesive). You can make all the cards and have them ready to go, which is what I did, or you can keep the kit stored in its decorative box and pull it out to make a card here or there when needed. And I think even the most experienced cardmakers have times when they need quick, cute, last-minute cards.

One nice feature of the kit is that it comes with a color brochure that includes photos of card designs. So if you're not feeling very creative, you can simply copy one of the samples. I started out looking at the brochure until I had a "feel" for the kit components. I don't think I copied any of the samples exactly, but there were a few that I made very similar with a little tweak or two. I also used a few extra supplies when making my cards: rhinestones, white baker's twine (the kit comes with Basic Gray/white baker's twine, but I wanted to hoard a little of that, so I substituted plain white for some cards), the Essentials Paper-Piercing Pack, and a paper-piercing tool and mat.

Below are pictures of the cards I made with the Everyday Occasions Cardmaking Kit, grouped by the type of card (thank you, birthday, etc.). I think they're all self-explanatory, so I'm not including any other details. But if you have any questions, post a comment below and I will respond as soon as I can.






Thanks for stopping by!


No comments: