Saturday, November 16, 2013

Endless Wishes

I've been busy planning project ideas for a "Quick and Cute Christmas" class I'm holding in a couple of weeks, but today I had a chance to make some of my own Christmas cards with Stampin' Up!'s new Endless Wishes photopolymer stamp set.

Supplies (all Stampin' Up!):
Stamps: Endless Wishes
Cardstock: Whisper White, Smoky Slate, Pool Party, silver glimmer paper
Ink: Smoky Slate, Pool Party
Accessories: Striped embossing folder, 3/4" circle punch, corner rounder, rhinestones

I love the sentiment options in this stamp set. There are several words in the larger "handwritten" font and various phrases in the smaller type, so they can be combined to make numerous different greetings. For this "very merry Christmas" card, I stamped the three snowflakes and the greeting on Whisper White cardstock. I layered it on a piece of Smoky Slate cardstock and added three silver glimmer paper circles behind the panel on the left side. (Note: Since only part of each circle is visible, you can be frugal with your glimmer paper and punch out about three-quarters of each circle. Just make sure you have enough space to apply the adhesive.) I adhered the panel to the embossed card front and added rhinestones to the centers of the snowflakes.

Supplies (all Stampin' Up!):
Stamps: Endless Wishes
Cardstock: Whisper White
Ink: Pool Party, Basic Gray
Accessories: Pool Party baker's twine, 1-3/4" circle punch, 1-1/4" circle punch, 3/4" circle punch, rhinestones, sponge

To make this single-layer card, I created a mask by punching three circles in a scratch piece of cardstock. For each circle, I set the mat on the Whisper White card front in the desired place and then sponged Pool Party ink inside the circle. I removed the mask and stamped the snowflake with Basic Gray ink over the sponged circle. I used rhinestones for the snowflake centers and as the dot above the j in joy. I also added some baker's twine for texture, but I think this card would look lovely without it as well.

I think we will be using this stamp set for one of my "Quick and Cute Christmas" projects. I'll be sure to share those projects after the class. Thanks for stopping by!



1 comment:

Me, My Stamps and I said...

These cards are beautiful!!!! I just have to cased one of them for my Consider It Cased week.
Love the colors and the sponging!!!!
Tfs:)