Without further ado it's back to the birthday cards today with three feminine cards.
Supplies (all Stampin' Up!®):
Stamps: Create a Cupcake
Card stock: Smokey Slate, Very Vanilla, Crushed Curry, Daffodil Delight, Old Olive
Ink: Smokey Slate, Crushed Curry, Old Olive
Accessories: Lattice die, Secret Garden Fraelits dies, Very Vintage Designer Buttons, Basic Gray striped grosgrain ribbon, Decorative Label punch, linen thread, sponge, Mono Multi liquid glue, Dimensionals
I love the combination of yellow and gray, and I really like how this card turned out. To make the flower I used the Secret Garden Framelits dies; the larger flower is Crushed Curry, and the smaller is Daffodil Delight. I sponged the edges of the petals on both flowers with Crushed Curry ink; it's hard to see in the photo because it's subtle, but it looks pretty in person. For the larger flower, I gently curved the sides of each petal up. The smaller flower has all the petals curved up together. An easy way for me to do this is to slightly cup my left hand, lay the flower on my palm, and gently press down in the center of the flower with my right thumb while closing my left hand a little bit. I turn the flower a couple of times to keep it evenly shaped. I layered the flowers together and added a new Very Vintage Designer Button in the middle. (I'm not always a fan of buttons, but I love these.) The leaves are Old Olive card stock sponged with Old Olive ink.
Supplies (all Stampin' Up!):
Stamps: Filigree, Tea Shoppe
Paper: Primrose Petals, Raspberry Ripple, Early Espresso, Very Vanilla card stock; Print Poetry Designer Series Paper (DSP) Stack
Ink: Primrose Petals, Early Espresso
Accessories: Dress Up Framelits dies, 1-1/4" scallop circle punch, Scallop Edge border punch, Square Lattice embossing folder, Victoria crochet trim, pearls, paper piercer, Mono Multi liquid glue, Dimensionals
When I was cutting and scoring the base for this card, I measured something incorrectly and ended up with the card front shorter than the back. Oops. Instead of starting over, I just added a piece of Early Espresso card stock punched with a scallop edge (I added the holes with a paper piercer) to make the front the same length as the back. I'm actually glad I made that mistake!
To make the cardigan for the dress, I used the Framelits die of the dress with sleeves and cut it from Very Vanilla card stock. I cut off the top part of the dress and then cut that in half. I embossed it with the Square Lattice embossing folder to add some texture and glued it on the dress. I also added three small pearls on the left side to look like buttons.
Supplies (all Stampin' Up! unless otherwise noted):
Stamps: Big Bold Birthday
Card stock: Whisper White, Chocolate Chip (sooth and textured), Regal Rose, Guball Green
Ink: Chocolate Chip, Gumball Green
Accessories: Chevron embossing folder, Polka Dots embossing folder (Cuttlebug), Chocolate Chip satin ribbon, Itty Bitty Shapes punch pack, 2-1/2" circle punch, pink and brown brads (unknown), Dimensionals
Lately I've been having fun combining different embossing folders on the same card. I like the geometric look of the polka dots with the chevrons on this card. I also added another texture: Chocolate Chip textured card stock on the focal image circle and the flag at the top of the card. This would be a very easy design to adapt to a masculine card; just change the color combination and use a circle or star punch instead of the flower on the flag. You could also remove the ribbon and use a strip of card stock instead.
In the next few days I'll be posting one more set of birthday cards (masculine ones) from the collection of cards I made my grandma for Mother's Day. Then it will be on to other things. Thanks for stopping by!