Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Cupcakes and ice cream

This year for Mother's Day I'm going to give my grandma a collection of handmade cards. (Well, cards and possibly some chocolate from Regina's Candies, because chocolate really should be part of every gift.) I'm including quite a few birthday cards in the bunch, so I've had birthday cards on the brain for the past couple of weeks. Here are a couple more:

Supplies (all Stampin' Up!® unless otherwise noted):
Stamps: Crazy for Cupcakes, Distressed Dots
Card stock: Riding Hood Red, Whisper White
Ink: Jet Black StazOn, Riding Hood Red, So Saffron, Baja Breeze, Basic Gray
Accessories: Ovals Collection Framelits dies, Riding Hood Red pleated satin ribbon, Stamp-a-ma-jig, 1/8" Scor-Tape (Scor-Pal), Dimensionals

After I stamped and colored the cupcake image for the focal point, I used my Stamp-a-ma-jig tool to center the sentiment stamp over the image, and then I die cut the images with the Ovals Collection Framelits dies. I placed 1/8" Scor-Tape all along the edge on the back of the oval and adhered the pleated ribbon along the tape. There is a stitched line down the middle of the ribbon, so as I was adhering the ribbon I just made sure to line up the stitches with the edge of the oval. I used Dimensionals to adhere the focal point to the card base; because the ribbon is a little thick, I had to use two layers of Dimensionals (one placed on top of another).

Supplies (all Stampin' Up! unless otherwise noted):
Stamps: Perfect Party, Create a Cupcake
Card stock: Riding Hood Red, Very Vanilla, Baked Brown Sugar, Pistachio Pudding
Ink: Baked Brown Sugar, Pistachio Pudding, Chocolate Chip
Accessories: Argyle embossing folder, Glitter Buttons - Earth Tones (American Crafts), Cherry Cobbler baker's twine

This almost looks yummy enough to eat! To make the ice cream, I stamped the image with Pistachio Pudding, one of Stampin' Up!'s new In Colors. For the chocolate chips, I used the image of sprinkles from the Create a Cupcake set and stamped it multiple times with Chocolate Chip ink. I cut out the scoops by hand, adhered them to the cone and added a button for a little cherry on top. I adhered the finished ice cream cone to a piece of embossed Very Vanilla card stock, layered that on a piece of Baked Brown Sugar card stock and adhered the whole piece to the card base.

Thanks for stopping by!

No comments: