Friday, November 18, 2011

'Boo' pennant banner card

For a little change of pace from all the Christmas cards, I thought I'd share a Halloween card today. I didn't post this card earlier because it was one I had made for a contest in Stampin' Success®, a magazine for Stampin' Up!® demonstrators, and I wanted to wait and see if I won the contest. No such luck this time, so I'll share it with you now:

Supplies (all Stampin' Up!):
Stamps: Pennant Parade, Medallion, Bingo Card
Card stock: Peach Parfait, Concord Crush, Lucky Limeade, Whisper White
Ink: Concord Crush
Accessories: Frost White shimmer paint, Old Olive 1/8" taffeta ribbon, In Color 2010 - 2012 glimmer brads, silver mini brads, basic pearls, Petite Pennants Builder punch, Scallop Edge Border punch, 1/16" circle punch, paper-piercing tool, mat pack, Dimensionals, Sticky Strip, Multipurpose Liquid Glue


The theme for the contest was to create a project using any of the current In Colors, and I really like this combination: Peach Parfait, Concord Crush and Lucky Limeade. (I made this card a week or two before Halloween, so I'm sure that influenced my color choices.) I decided to make this card 3" x 6" so it was long enough to accommodate five triangles on the banner.

I love the shimmer on this card, and it was pretty easy to create. For the background, I used a sponge dauber to apply shimmer paint to the Medallion background stamp and then stamped the image on the card base. For the shine on the banner, I punched the triangles out of Lucky Limeade card stock and then applied the shimmer paint all over the triangles and adhered them to the scalloped triangles. The glimmer brads add an extra bit of bling.

The letters on the banner are from the word "bingo" on the Bingo Card background stamp. I stamped the image twice on white card stock and cut out the letters I needed for my card. I'd wanted to try something like this since I bought the Bingo Card stamp; unfortunately, there aren't too many things you can spell with the letters in the word "bingo."

Here's a peek at the inside of the card, too:
Supplies (all Stampin' Up!):
Stamps: Spooky Bingo Bits, Grateful Greetings
Card stock: Whisper White
Ink: Concord Crush, Peach Parfait, Lucky Limeade markers
Accessories: Frost White shimmer paint, sponge daubers 

I think that with a different color combination this could be a fun layout for a Christmas card, too. Maybe with the word "joy" on the banner. I might just have to try that ... Thanks for stopping by!


No comments: