Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Rudolph pennant card

I am slowly but surely finishing my Christmas cards. With a little luck, inspiration and a couple of days off work, maybe I'll meet my goal this weekend. Here is one of the cards I made last Saturday:

Supplies (all Stampin' Up!® unless otherwise noted):
Stamps: Lots of Thoughts
Paper: River Rock card stock, Close to Cocoa card stock, Real Red card stock, Basic Black card stock, Brights Collection Patterns DSP Stack
Ink: Old Olive
Accessories: Doodlecharms Cricut cartridge (Provo Craft), Perfect Pennants die, 1/8" circle punch, 1/2" circle punch, Dotted Scallop Ribbon Border punch, Itty Bitty Shapes punch pack, Real Red satin ribbon, Christmas Red Stickles (Ranger), Dimensionals

I cut out the reindeer (3 1/2") with my Cricut and the Doodlecharms cartridge. His nose is a 1/2" circle covered with Christmas Red Stickles glitter glue (Rudolph's gotta have a little sparkle, right?), and his eyes are 1/8" circles.

To embellish the pennant, I punched a strip of Real Red card stock with the Dotted Scallop Ribbon Border punch. Then I cut the strip in half lengthwise and adhered the pieces behind the long sides of the pennant so just a bit of the scallop detail is visible. For an embellishment at the bottom of the pennant, I punched two small scallop circles (from the Itty Bitty Shapes punch pack). I crumpled one of the circles so it curled up, glued it on the second scallop circle, adhered them to the pennant and then added a drop of Stickles in the center. Rudolph's ready to spread some holiday cheer!

Thanks for stopping by!

No comments: