Monday, November 7, 2011

Stocking trio

As I promised yesterday, here are the details for one of the Christmas card designs I made during my crafting time on Saturday:

Supplies (all Stampin' Up!®):
Paper: Very Vanilla card stock, Old Olive card stock, Chocolate Chip card stock, red glimmer paper, Christmas Jingle Simply Scrappin' Kit
Accessories: Snow Burst embossing folder, Stocking Builder punch, Real Red 1/8" taffeta ribbon, Dimensionals

(Note: I have seen any number of cute Christmas cards over the past weeks made with these stockings and the Snow Burst embossing folder, so I had a lot of inspiration. I can't necessarily say this is a completely original idea, but it was original to me while I was making it.)

For the background I embossed a 4-1/2" x 3-1/4" piece of Very Vanilla card stock with the Snow Burst embossing folder. I matted that with a 4-3/4" x 3-1/2" piece of Old Olive card stock and adhered the pieces to the middle of a Chocolate Chip card base.

I used the Stocking Builder punch to make three stockings from the striped pattern paper in the Christmas Jingle Simply Scrappin Kit. (For this card I tried to line up the punch so that the stripes were in the same place on each stocking. For the other cards I made with this layout, I decided that wasn't really important.) I punched the top, toe and heel pieces out of red glimmer paper, glued them together and added a little hanger with Real Red 1/8" taffeta ribbon. I attached them to the piece of embossed Very Vanilla card stock with Dimensionals, and that's it! A pretty quick, but really cute Christmas card.

I'll be sharing the rest of my cards in the coming days. Thanks for stopping by!

No comments: