Thursday, June 25, 2020

June Christmas card: Merry Chrismoose

After last month's red and white Christmas card, I'm back to white, aqua, and kraft for my June card design. What can I say? I can't seem to help myself.

Supplies (all Taylored Expressions unless otherwise noted):
Stamps: Quick Critters Winter Stamp and Die Combo
Paper: Thick Whisper White, Whisper White, Real Red card stock (Stampin' Up!); Toffee card stock
Ink: Oreo, Cookie Monster; E18 Copper Sketch marker (Copic)
Accessories: Blender brushes, Square Masking Stencils, Build-a-Scene Calendar dies, Snowflake Confetti die, red/white twine (unknown), Art Glitter Glue (Art Institute), Dimensionals (Stampin' Up!)

But isn't this moose such a cutie? I die cut him out of Toffee card stock, stamped his face using Oreo ink and then colored his antlers and muzzle with a copper-colored Copic marker. I glued a tiny bit of red card stock behind the heart cut-out and gave him a festive scarf with a bit of baker's twine, which I unraveled at the ends.

For the rest of the card, I used a base of thick Whisper White card stock. Using the Square Masking Stencils for perfect placement, I blended a background square with Cookie Monster ink onto the card front. I die cut a little snowy hill, glued it along the bottom of the inked square and then stamped the greeting over the right side of the square, again using Cookie Monster ink so it's a little more subtle. I attached the moose to the card with Dimensionals and glued on three bitty snowflakes. I love how the different elements extend past the border of the blue "sky."

Here is the group of seven cards:


I didn't take a picture of the inside of the card, but the sentiment I used says, "May your joys be as many as the snowflakes that fall" (also from Taylored Expressions). And if you'd like to see a different card design with this stamp-and-die combo, check out my March 2018 Christmas card.

Thanks so much for stopping by today!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just perfect! Can't stop smiling when I look at this. And I can see why you return to that color combo - it's great.
Judy

Sunshine. said...

Oh my gosh, that is one seriously CUTE Moose! Or is that, seven cute Moose?! I love the colours you used, and how the snowflakes fall past the border of the sky. These are seriously cute!!
Sunshine

Andrea said...

Thank you, Judy!

Andrea said...

Thanks, Sunshine!