Friday, March 30, 2018

March's Christmas card

I had the day off work today (the first of a long stretch - yippee!), and I was hoping to get some stamping done. I couldn't seem to stay very focused, but I did manage to make my March Christmas cards.

Supplies (all Stampin' Up! unless otherwise noted):
Stamps: Quick Critters Winter stamp and die combo (Taylored Expressions), Gorgeous Grunge
Paper: Soft Sky, Whisper White, Old Olive, Real Red, Crumb Cake, Soft Suede card stock
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Pumpkin Pie, Chocolate Chip, Old Olive, Real Red, Soft Sky
Accessories: Stitched Shapes Framelits dies, Stitchced Hillside and Forest Borders dies (Lawn Fawn), red and white twine (Target), red sequins (unknown), Art Glitter Glue (AIG), Dimensionals

First off, I apologize for the poor photographs. I was hurrying to finish the cards and take the pictures before dinner, so I didn't have the best setup or lighting.

Back to the cards. I used the Quick Critters Winter stamp and die combo for this group of cards. The set has three different critters -- a snowman, a moose and a penguin -- as well as several different sentiments. I made two cards with each critter using the same basic layout.


I really like these critters stamp and die combos (I have another set as well). The dies cut out the animal shapes, and then you just stamp the faces. Quick, easy and definitely cute! For these cards I made the critters a little scene with snowy hills and green trees, and I gave them each a scarf made with red and white twine.

For the card bases, I used a splatter stamp from the Gorgeous Grunge set to make a subtle, snowy-looking background. Three red sequins add a little pop of color.

So far I'm three for three with making Christmas cards each month. I have to admit I'm a little surprised, but definitely pleased. At this rate they'll be done by October! Thanks for stopping by!

2 comments:

Sunshine said...

These are sooooooooo cute, I love them! I love how you used some red and white twine for their scarves, what a great idea! I can't say which is my favourite because they are all so gorjuss!
You inspire me to get started on my own Christmas cards:-)
Thanks for sharing:-) Happy Easter to you and your fur-babies!
Sunshine
www.ihearttostamp.blogspot.com

Andrea said...

Thanks, Sunshine! I saw the twine scarf idea in some samples online, and I really like how it turned out. It’s a great way to add a little texture.