Saturday, March 24, 2018

Starry masculine birthday card

It's been a stressful week at work, so I haven't felt much like stamping or blogging or doing much else except lying on the couch, watching TV and playing on my iPad. But I decided that I should pull together one blog post for the week, so here it is!

Supplies (all Stampin' Up! unless otherwise noted):
Stamps: In My Thoughts
Paper: Thick Whisper White, Dapper Denim, Pumpkin Pie card stock; silver foil sheets; Wood Textures Designer Series Paper (DSP) Stack
Ink: Dapper Denim
Accessories: Scribble Happy Birthday dies (Poppy Stamps), Stitched Shapes Framelits dies, Confetti Stars border punch; wood veneer stars (Lawn Fawn), Tiny Attached (Tim Holtz), clear Wink of Stella glitter brush pen, Art Glitter Glue (Art Institute Glitter)

Truthfully, I'm not completely happy with the way this card turned out. I had these different elements that I rearranged quite a few times, but I never really felt like anything "worked." I probably should have just started over, but I kept going and eventually settled on this layout.

While I'm not crazy about the layout, I do like certain elements, such as the combination of wood (DSP and star element) and metal (silver foil and staples) and how I turned the stitched square so it looks like a diamond (certainly not a unique idea, but I don't often remember to do things like that).

I had to add a little sparkle to the front of the card, so I painted Wink of Stella glitter on the two long banner pieces and on the tiny stars. I know this is a masculine card, but the Wink of Stella is pretty subtle; it just adds a little shine when it catches the light.

I don't often decorate the insides of cards, but this one seemed to need it. I carried over some of the elements from the front of the card by adding a strip of the woodgrain DSP along the bottom and scattering a few tiny punched stars around the sentiment.








Well, that's it for me this week. I hope I can get back on track next week. Thanks for stopping by!

No comments: