Tuesday, July 12, 2016

Quick Critters note card set

A couple of weeks ago I posted a piggy hugs card and mentioned that I had used all of the animal shapes in the Quick Critters stamp and die combo (from Taylored Expressions) to make a set of note cards. As promised, here is that set:

Supplies (all Stampin' Up! unless otherwise noted):
Stamps: Quick Critters stamp and die combo (Taylored Expressions)
Paper: 110-lb white card stock (Recollections); Kraft card stock; Beachside, Let's Polka, Mon Amie and Let's Polka in the Meadow patterned papers (Lawn Fawn)
Ink: Early Espresso, Regal Rose, Pumpkin Pie, Crumb Cake
Accessories: Ovals Collection Framelits dies, In Color sequin assortment, Occasions Paper-Piercing Pack, paper-piercing tool and mat, Dimensionals, Fine-Tip Glue Pen

I die cut two of each animal shape out of patterned papers and then stamped their faces with Early Espresso ink and colored them in with markers. A quick note: For the dog, cow and pig, I wanted to reverse the direction of some of the die-cuts, so I made sure to cut one of each with the back side of the patterned paper facing up. Then I flipped it over before stamping the face. (I hope that makes sense.) I grouped the animals into four different pairs and went to work on the rest of the card design.

For the background of each card I die cut a small oval out of kraft card stock and then pierced a border around the edge to add little texture. I adhered the oval just above the middle of the white 3-1/2" x 5" card base and stamped a sentiment below the oval in Early Espresso ink. I used a different sentiment for each card, and there were two additional saying stamps in the set: "You make my heart happy" and "XOXO."


I used Dimensionals to adhere a pair of critter die-cuts over the oval on each card. I wanted a little bit of embellishment on the cards, and I was happy to discover that the colors in the retired In Color sequin assortment coordinated almost perfectly with the papers I had used for the die-cuts. I chose three sequins for each card and glued them on with the Fine-Tip Glue Pen.

And that's it for this clean and simple card set. I included kraft envelopes with the cards because I liked how it coordinated with the kraft ovals. Unless I need this set  for some gift-giving emergency, I'll be saving it to use as a prize for my cousin's wedding shower in the fall. I'll have to make at least a few more sets for the occasion, so I may pull out this stamp set and die combo again.








Thanks for stopping by!


No comments: