Tuesday, June 28, 2016

Piggy hugs

I just have a quick post tonight -- being back at work is tiring! (And it takes up all my crafting time. Boo!) But last week I was able to finish several projects, and I'm looking forward to sharing them with you. I'll start with a sweet and simple note card that would be perfect for Valentine's Day or to send a little love any day of the year.

Supplies (all Stampin' Up!) unless otherwise noted:
Stamps: Quick Critters stamp and die combo (Taylored Expressions)
Paper: 110-lb white card stock (Recollections), Real Red card stock, Designer Series Paper (DSP) Patterns Stack - Brights
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Early Espresso, Regal Rose
Accessories: In Color sequins, Dimensionals, Fine-Tip Glue Pen

Isn't he a cutie? I bought this stamp and die combo at a stamp show a couple of weeks ago, and I love it. The dies cut out four different animals, and you use the stamps to add the faces. (I used all of the animal shapes on a set of four note cards; I'll post those soon.)

The set also includes several great sentiment stamps; I especially like that this one says "love and hugs" instead of "love and kisses"; it seems more versatile to me. And who wouldn't love a hug from this cute pink polka dot piggy?

After I die cut the piggy from DSP, I added a small piece of Real Red card stock to the back so the heart stands out. I stamped the face and then colored his snout and added detail to the ears with a Regal Rose marker.

I adhered the piggy to the card base (measuring 3-1/2" x 5") with Dimensionals and stamped the sentiment below using Early Espresso. I inked up the "hugs" banner with Regal Rose, stamped it on a small scrap of card stock, and cut it out. I also used Dimensionals to add it to the sentiment. I finished off with three pink sequins.

Thanks for stopping by!

No comments: