Thursday, July 28, 2016

Get well wishes

I did it -- three posts in one week! Whew! I knew I could do it, since I've done it before, but knowing and doing are often two different things. At any rate, today I have a simple card to share that would be good for many different occasions -- or no occasion at all. I used it as a get well card for my aunt who had ankle surgery, but you'd just need to change or omit the sentiment as needed.

Supplies (all Stampin' Up! unless otherwise noted):
Stamps: Treemendous (Raisin Boat)
Paper: Thick Whisper White, Hello Honey card stock
Ink: Chocolate Chip, Garden Green, Mint Macaron, So Saffron, Flirty Flamingo, stardust clear Gelly Roll pen (Sakura)
Accessories: Beautiful Wings Embosslits die, pearls, Glue Dots, sponge

This card is mostly basic stamping, so there's not much to explain. But I will point out a few details that may be hard to notice:
- The leaf stamp for the trees is the same image I used for the leaves on the flower stems.
- I colored over the flower buds on the tree with a clear glitter pen to add a little sparkle. Originally I had also used the glitter pen on the centers of the larger flowers, but I didn't like how it looked, so I covered it up with pearls.
- The sentiment is actually one long stamp. To break it up, I used pieces of washi tape to cover parts of the sentiment, inked the rest of the stamp, took of the washi tape and then stamped the words on the card. Then I cleaned the stamp and repeated the process with the next part of the sentiment. With a photopolymer stamp it's easy to do this and still keep everything lined up.

Sometimes simple cards like this, with just simple stamping, are some of my favorite ones to make. What about you? Thanks for stopping by!


No comments: