Saturday, July 9, 2016

An 'upbeet' card

I thought I'd continue the garden theme from my last post and share this fun, lighthearted card:

Supplies (all Stampin' Up! unless otherwise noted):
Stamps: Rooting for You, Hello Sunshine (both Lawn Fawn)
Paper: Pool Party, Chocolate Chip, So Saffron, Whisper White card stock
Ink: Pool Party, Smoky Slate, Basic Gray, Sweet Sugarplum, Blackberry Bliss, Wild Wasabi, Garden Green, Whisper White craft
Accessories: Rooting for You, Hello Sunshine, Simple Stitched Hillside Borders, Picket Fence Border Lawn Cuts dies (Lawn Fawn); Winter White embossing powder, Dimensionals, Mono Multi liquid glue

Isn't it adorable? I bought this Lawn Fawn stamp set, Rooting for You, earlier this year, but this card was the first time I used it. I love the set. And this card, if I do say so myself. I even have a recipient in mind who would appreciate a cheerful greeting.

I didn't use any particular techniques for this card, just basic stamping and die cutting. The only detail I may need to explain is with the watering can. I stamped the watering can with Smoky Slate ink and then used the narrow point on my Basic Gray marker to color over the base, the inside and the end of the spout to add shading.

Thanks for stopping by, and I hope you have an "upbeet" day, too!

No comments: