Thursday, June 18, 2020

Live it with zest

It's a dark and stormy evening in my neck of the woods, so I thought I'd pop in for a quick post to share some bright, cheery, summery cards.

Supplies (all Stampin' Up! unless otherwise noted):
Stamps: Lemon Zest, Gingham Background (Concord & 9th)
Paper: Whisper White, thick Whisper White, Pineapple Punch card stock
Ink: Pineapple Punch, Crushed Curry, Lemon Lime Twist, Granny Apple Green, Garden Green; Memento Tuxedo Black (Tsukineko)
Accessories: Lemon Builder punch, 1-3/4" circle punch, Stitched Nested Label dies, Postage Stamp Nested Frame Cuts dies (Hero Arts), Pinewood Planks embossing folder, Glitter Enamel Dots, Go Green sequins (Craft Medley), Art Glitter Glue (Art Institute), Dimensionals


There's not much to explain about these cards; they're mostly stamping, punching and layering. I love the look of the gingham background with the lemons, and I was surprised how much I liked the color Pineapple Punch on these cards (a recently retired In Color from Stampin' Up!). It's such a bright color that I hadn't used it much before -- but after making these cards I decided to buy a whole pack of the card stock!

Thanks for stopping by!


4 comments:

Sunshine. said...

Yumm! These cards made my mouth water and reminded me of a summer picnic! Love the gingham background!
Sunshine

Anonymous said...

Such fun cards! Perfect to send for a summer birthday - Cheerful color, cute puns for a smile.
Judy

Andrea said...

Thanks, Sunshine! I bought that background stamp a while ago and hadn't used it before I made these cards. But I love how it looks!

Andrea said...

Thanks so much, Judy! I always love reading your kind comments!