Saturday, November 25, 2023

Crazy quilt scrap papers

I’m popping in with a quick blog post tonight so you don’t think I disappeared. Christmas is coming way too fast, and I’ve been realizing how much stuff I have left to do. And worrying that I won’t get it all done. Sigh. It happens every year.

Lately I’ve been focused on making the desk calendars I will be gifting. I can’t share those until after holidays — but I can share some fun papers I’ve made with the scraps left over from the calendars.


For the three calendars I’m working on now, I used some of my gel prints for the backgrounds. When I trimmed down the gel prints, I had all these colorful strips left. I didn’t want to toss them, but I also didn’t want to tuck them away for later (because later never seems to come). So I pulled out some sheets of double-sided adhesive and started adding the strips. I did two full sheets and four smaller pieces.


These papers remind me of crazy quilts, and it was easy to put them together while I watched TV in the evening. I don’t have any definite plans for them yet, but I think they will be great for background panels on cards or to use for die cutting. If you have any ideas, let me know in the comments. I’ll be sure to share whatever I make.

Thanks for stopping by!


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Now that's a great idea Andrea! It makes some great paper/cardstock! A good way to actually use your scraps and not toss them out, or store them away and forget about them, like you said! They do remind me of a quilt a well! Awesome job!
Sunshine.

Andrea said...

Thanks, Sunshine! I think I need to go through my packs of patterned paper and use some of the scraps I've saved to make more sheets. :)