Friday, November 10, 2023

Barnyard friends note card sets

A couple of weeks ago I was lucky enough to spend a few days at a friend's house for the first craft weekend we've had in years. Yay! It was a lot of fun, and pretty productive, too: I made five sets of note cards and one 2024 desk calendar gift. I'm going to share two of the card set designs today, and they both feature some cute barnyard animals.



Each card set includes four different card designs, and I think these chicken cards are my favorite. I used two retired sets from Stampin' Up! for the images and a set from Taylored Expressions for the sentiments. The images are colored with alcohol markers, die cut, and attached to the card bases with foam tape -- except for the two large yellow chickens. They're attached with action wobble springs, so they give a little dance. :) I finished off these cards with a few clear droplets.

I made two sets of the chicken cards, as well as two sets of these cute little piggy designs:



For these cards, I stamped the images on panels of white card stock, colored them with alcohol markers, and added small die-cut accents. Tip: For the die cuts, I colored scraps of white card stock with the alcohol markers and then cut out the pieces. That way, the color was exactly what I needed (and I didn't have to pack a bunch of colored card stock for craft weekend.) I matted the white panels with black card stock, adhered them to the card bases, and finished the cards with colored sequins.

I'll share the final set of note cards in my next post, but I'm going to save the calendar until after Christmas. Thanks for stopping by!


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

OMG! These are cute! I can't choose a favourite because they are all so good! I can just imagine those chickenes 'dancing' when you touch them! Love th colour of the base card too!
Wish I had someone to stamp with!
Sunshine.

Andrea said...

Thanks so much, Sunshine!