Thursday, July 18, 2019

Birthday sweets

I have an enormous sweet tooth with a particular weakness for any and all baked goods: cookies, cake, doughnuts, muffins, pies, pastries. You name it, and I will eat it. I'm trying to get better about making smarter, healthier choices, but some days are more easier than others. Thankfully, I can make as many sweets-themed cards as I want without having to worry about the calories!

Supplies (all Stampin' Up! unless otherwise noted):
Stamps: Piece of Cake
Paper: Whisper White, Balmy Blue card stock
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black; Granny Apple Green, Balmy Blue, Mango Melody, Smoky Slate Blends/Blendabilities markers
Accessories: Subtle embossing folder, silver ribbon, foam tape (3M)

This is a pretty straightforward card. I stamped the three cakes and cake stands in a row on Whisper White card stock and colored the images with alcohol markers. Using foam tape I attached the panel to a Balmy Blue card base embossed with the Subtle embossing folder. I tied a length of silver ribbon around the card front and added the sentiment on a narrow white banner. The second part of the sentiment -- "Who cares what the question is!" -- is stamped inside the card.

Supplies (all Stampin' Up! unless otherwise noted):
Stamps: Piece of Cake
Paper: Smoky Slate, Pool Party card stock
Ink: Smoky Slate; Pool Party, Pineapple Punch Blends markers
Accessories: Basic Gray corduroy buttons, Pool Party shimmer ribbon, white crochet thread (DMC), Dimensionals

For the second card I used three cake images and the candles, stamping the cakes in different directions to fill a piece of white card stock. I stamped one of the cakes again on scrap card stock, colored it and cut it out by hand. Then I used Dimensionals to adhere it on top of one of the cakes on the background piece.

I mounted the panel on a piece of Pool Party card stock, added ribbon and a button, and adhered the whole thing on a Smoky Slate card base. This color palette is a lot softer than what I usually use for birthday cards, but I love the way it turned out.

Supplies (all Stampin' Up! unless otherwise noted):
Stamps: Donuts (The Stamp Market)
Paper: Chocolate Chip, Whisper White card stock; gold foil sheets
Ink: Chocolate Chip, Pumpkin Pie, Old Olive, Soft Sky, Calypso Coral; alcohol markers - BV02, E53 (Copic Sketch); Pumpkin Pie, Calypso Coral, Old Olive, Soft Sky, Mocha Blends/Blendabilities markers
Accessories: Happy Birthday dies (Simon Says Stamp), metallic enamel dots, Early Espresso baker's twine, Corner Chomper (We R Memory Keepers), Dimensionals

Now on to the doughnuts! For these two cards, I used a half sheet of white card stock (5-1/2" x 8-1/2") and stamped doughnuts all over. I colored them with alcohol markers, stamped the different toppings and cut the card stock into pieces for two different cards.

For the first card I die cut "Happy birthday" out of gold foil and glued it onto the stamped focal layer. I added a few gold enamel dots, rounded the corners of the card stock, and used Dimensionals to adhere it to a Chocolate Chip card base. For a finishing touch I added a bit of baker's twine around the bottom of the card.

Supplies (all Stampin' Up! unless otherwise noted):
Stamps: Donuts (The Stamp Market), Crazy for Cupcakes
Paper: Chocolate Chip, Whisper White card stock
Ink: Chocolate Chip, Pumpkin Pie, Old Olive, Soft Sky, Calypso Coral; alcohol markers - BV02, E53 (Copic Sketch); Pumpkin Pie, Calypso Coral, Old Olive, Soft Sky, Mocha Blends/Blendabilities markers
Accessories: Calypso Coral thick twine, Coral Reef sequins (Close to My Heart), Corner Chomper (We R Memory Keepers), Dimensionals

For this card, I used a larger stamped piece and added a sentiment in an open space among the doughnuts. I rounded the corners and attached it to a Chocolate Chip card base. A bit of Calypso Coral thick twine and a few coral sequins finish off this quick card.

I hope you have a sweet day! Thanks for stopping by!

2 comments:

Sunshine. said...

Yummm! Cakes and donuts, what a way to start my weekend! I too have sweet tooth, (okay, maybe several sweet teeth!) My fave card out of this yummy lot would be the donut cards! The colours are so, well, 'tasteful'! These cards are great Andrea!
Thanks for sharing:-) Have a great weekend!
Sunshine.
ihearttostamp.blogspot.com

Andrea said...

Thank you, Sunshine!