Saturday, July 27, 2019

Simple daisies

I love the simplicity and "un-fussiness" of daisies, especially when they're paired with a mason jar. So today I have a couple of clean and simple daisy cards to share.

Supplies (all Stampin' Up! unless otherwise noted):
Stamps: Birthday Blessings (Gina K Designs)
Paper: Shimmery White, Pool Party, Thick Whisper White card stock; Wood 6" x 6" Designer Cardstock Pad (My Mind's Eye)
Ink: Going Gray, Pool Party, Daffodil Delight, Pear Pizzazz
Accessories: Frame in Frame 2 Cutting Plate (Taylored Expressions), linen thread, pearls, foam tape (3M), Art Glitter Glue (Art Institute Glitter), Aqua Painter brush

I love this woodgrained patterned paper, and I think it looks perfect with these daisies in a jar. I used Pool Party ink and card stock to pull out the touches of blue in the woodgrain.

I stamped the jar and daisies with Going Gray ink on Shimmery White card stock, used an Aqua Painter brush with ink pads to color the water and the shadow below the jar, and  colored the flower centers and with markers. I framed the image with a Pool Party scalloped frame and used foam tape to adhere the panel onto the card base (thick white card stock layered with the woodgrain paper). Three simple pearls and a linen thread bow finish off this card.

Supplies (all Stampin' Up! unless otherwise noted):
Stamps: Birthday Blessings (Gina K Designs)
Paper: Shimmery White, Pool Party, Going Gray card stock
Ink: Going Gray, Pool Party, Daffodil Delight, Pear Pizzazz
Accessories: Stitched Rectangles Thinlits dies (Sizzix), Pinewood Planks embossing folder, Smoky Slate gingham ribbon, mini jewels (Doodlebug Design Inc.), foam tape (3M), Aqua Painter brush

For the second card, I used the same basic technique to make the focal image. But this time instead of adding a frame, I die-cut the image with a stitched rectangle die and then matted it with Pool Party card stock to create a narrow border.

For the card base, I used Going Gray card stock. I embossed a separate piece of gray card stock with the Pinewood Planks embossing folder, wrapped a length of gray gingham ribbon around the card stock, and then adhered it to the card base. Using foam tape, I attached the focal panel to the middle of the card base. Three sparkly mini jewels were the perfect finishing touch.




Thanks for stopping by!

2 comments:

Sunshine. said...

Oh I love these daisy cards! I really like the wood grain paper, it looks so real! I also like the Pine Wood Planks embossing folder, and especially the beautiful colour you used! That Going Gray card stock is so pretty! I like the soft colours you used to colour the water in the jars:-)
Awesome!
Sunssinr.
ihearttostamp.blogspot.com

Andrea said...

Thanks, Sunshine! I love the versatility of the Pinewood Planks embossing folder. :)