Saturday, July 6, 2019

Hedgehog birthday 2

As I mentioned in my previous post, Art Impressions is celebrating its 32nd birthday and is hosting a birthday card challenge on the Art Impressions blog. Here is the second birthday card I made with my new hedgehogs stamp set.

Supplies (all Stampin' Up! unless otherwise noted):
Stamps: Hedgehogs Set 5112 (Art Impressions)
Paper: Thick Whisper White, Bermuda Bay, Blushing Bride card stock
Ink: Crumb Cake; colored pencils - 935, 905, 992, 941, 1084, 928 (Prismacolor)
Accessories: Princess sequins (Craft Medley), Bitty Banner punch, Blushing Bride twine, Gamsol and blending sticks (Taylored Expressions), Dimensionals

Since my first hedgehog card had a slightly masculine color scheme, I decided to go a little more feminine for this card. I chose this cute little hedgehog who has popped her own birthday balloon. (At least she doesn't seem sad about it!)

Using Crumb Cake ink I stamped the image repeatedly over a heavy white card base. I stamped the image again on a separate piece of white card stock, colored that image with colored pencils, and then  blended it with Gamsol. I wasn't trying to do a no-line coloring technique, but with the lighter ink color, that's sort of what it looks like.

I cut out the colored image by hand and used Dimensionals to attach it over one of the images stamped on the card base. To add a little more color I adhered two punched banners to the upper left corner, tied pink and white twine around the bottom portion of the card, and added a few pink sequins.

Thanks for stopping by!

5 comments:

Sunshine. said...

OMG,another cut card! I like how it appears he has pooped the balloon on his head! I guess you gotta be careful with balloons when you're a Hedgehog! Very cute:-)
Sunshine.
ihearttostamp.blogspot.com

Sunshine. said...

OOps, that should read "cute", not "cut"!
Sunshine
ihearttostamp.blogspot.com

Janet said...

I love the way you designed this card!!

Crystal Schneider said...

I love your card. You did a great job coloring the Hedgehog he is one of my favorites. Thank you for joining us at Art Impressions.

Sharon Caudle said...

This card is adorable!! Thanks for sharing your talents with us at Art Impressions!