Thursday, June 6, 2019

Celebrate with streamers

This weekend I'm headed to the Stamp and Scrapbook Expo with my best crafting buddy. I've been looking forward to this for ages, and I'm so excited to take classes, do make-and-take projects, and (maybe most of all) buy all kinds of new crafty toys. So before I get too caught up in all the stamping excitement, I figured I'd better get at least one blog post done for the week.

Supplies:
Stamps: Simply Said - Birthday (Taylored Expressions), Party Pals Stamp and Die Combo (Taylored Expressions)
Paper: Shimmery White, Basic Black, Bermuda Bay, Coastal Cabana, Lemon Lime Twist card stock (Stampin' Up!)
Ink: Tuxedo Black (Memento)
Accessories: Streamers embossing folder (Taylored Expressions), Curly Q Cutting Plate (Taylored Expressions), clear Wink of Stella glitter brush pen (Kuretake), Dimensionals (Stampin' Up!), Scor-Tape (Scor-Pal)

I love the Curly Q Cutting Plate from Taylored Expressions -- all those twisty streamers are just so fun and festive. But for this card I wanted to try making the streamers different colors so they really popped.

I started with a Shimmery White card base and embossed the front with the Streamers embossing folder. I cut the Curly Q Cutting Plate out of black card stock and adhered it to the card base. Then I die cut the cutting plate three more times -- out of Coastal Cabana, Bermuda Bay and Lemon Lime Twist card stock.

I used a detail scissors to carefully cut out a few of the streamers in each color and glued them over the same part of the black cutting plate on the card. I left a few black streamers, and I love how it adds depth and looks like those are in the shadows.

I wanted a sentiment on the front of the card, so I stamped "celebrate" on a strip of Shimmery White card stock and trimmed the right side into a V shape. I attached the strip to the card so the left side was flush against the edge of the cutting plate, and I added a Dimensional in the middle to make it look like it was waving.


To add a little sparkle to the card, I applied clear Wink of Stella glitter to the lightest blue streamers. (If you click the photo to enlarge it, you can see the sparkle better.)

Once I was finished with the card front, I still had several colored streamers left. So after I stamped the sentiment inside the card, I cut off some of those extra colored streamers, trimming some of them to make them shorter, and glued them along the top edge of the card. I love how that carries over the theme from the front of the card and also helps fill in some of the white space around the small sentiment.

Supplies:
Stamps: Make a Wish Stamp and Die Combo (Taylored Expressions)
Paper: Shimmery White, Basic Black card stock (Stampin' Up!)
Ink: Bermuda Bay (Stampin' Up!), Tuxedo Black (Memento)
Accessories: Confetti embossing folder (Taylored Expressions), Curly Q Cutting Plate (Taylored Expressions), Go Green sequins (Craft Medley), Mini Dimensionals (Stampin' Up!), Art Glitter Glue (Art Institute Glitter)

For the second card, I decided to keep the cutting plate one color, but I added a different little twist. First, I started with a Shimmery White card base. I stamped a sentiment near the bottom of the card and then embossed the card front with a Confetti embossing folder.

Then I die cut the Curly Q cutting plate out of black card stock. But before I glued the cutting plate to the card base, I cut tiny pieces of Dimensionals and placed them behind a few of the streamers. I used liquid glue to cover the rest of the cutting plate and adhered it to the front of the card. Now a few of the streamers are popped up, which adds a little depth to the card.

You might be able to see the dimension a little easier in this second photo.

To add a little pop of color to the card, I stamped the sentiment on a scratch piece of card stock using Bermuda Bay ink. I cut out just the little banner part of the sentiment and attached it over the stamped sentiment on the card. A few scattered sequins in a matching color finish off the card.

Thanks for stopping by today!



1 comment:

Sunshine said...

I like the streamers, and the colours are great! Such fun cards to make, and I am sure, just as much fun to receive! Have fun at your craft show!
Sunshine
ihearttostamp.blogspot.com