Saturday, June 22, 2019

Pocketsful of joy

Well, look at that - two blog posts in two days! What is the world coming to? But before I get to the craftiness, I have a quick garden update. The thunderstorms that were forecasted for today held off, so we were able to finish weeding the garden and planting the sunflower seeds. We also planted a few other packets of flower seeds we had hanging around, so I just hope something sprouts!

Now on to the cards. Today I'm sharing two creations using a cute stamp and die combo from Taylored Expressions.

Supplies (all Stampin' Up! unless otherwise noted):
Stamps: Pocketful of Sunshine Stamp and Die Combo (Taylored Expressions), Just Jeans
Paper: Thick Whisper White, Night of Navy, Poppy Parade card stock
Ink: Night of Navy, Memento Tuxedo Black; Blends/Blendabilities alcohol markers: Rich Razzleberry, mango Melody, Poppy Parade, Bronze, Mossy Meadow, Granny Apple Green
Accessories: Frame in Frame 2 Cutting Plate (Taylored Expressions), Happiness Blooms enamel dots, linen thread, clear Wink of Stella glitter brush pen, foam adhesive strips, Mono Multi liquid glue, Dimensionals

I love this little stamp and die set. It's very versatile, and the die even makes the stitching lines on the pocket. I wanted this card to be clean and simple, so I stamped the flowers on a thick white card base and colored them with alcohol markers. I die cut the pocket from navy card stock and stamped it with a denim-texture stamp to give it a little more detail. I added a little red card stock "tag" to the pocket and adhered it to the card base. I die cut a white scalloped frame and used foam strips to attach the frame around the pocket.

To embellish the card, I used my clear Wink of Stella glitter brush pen to add a little sparkle to the flowers. I also tied a tiny linen thread bow and glued it to the pocket and added three navy enamel dots around the frame.

Supplies (all Stampin' Up! unless otherwise noted):
Stamps: Pocketful of Sunshine Stamp and Die Combo (Taylored Expressions), Just Jeans
Paper: Night of navy, Whisper White, Grany Apple Green card stock; Carried Away Designer Series Paper (DSP)
Ink: Night of Navy, Memento Tuxedo Black; Blends alcohol markers: Granny Apple Green, Old Olive, Poppy Parade
Accessories: Burlap trim, googly eyes (unknown), Dimensionals, Mono Multi liquid glue

For a change of pace I made the second card one that would be perfect for a little boy's birthday. I stamped and colored the frog on a panel of white card stock and then glued on the die-cut pocket (again stamped with the denim texture stamp). I stamped the frogs feet on a scrap of card stock, cut them out and adhered them to the top of the pocket. I gave the frog googly eyes and matted the white panel with Granny Apple Green card stock.

For the card base I used Night of Navy card stock. I wanted to pull out the red color of the frog's tongue, so I used a piece of red patterned DSP along the bottom of the card. For a little texture I added a strip of burlap trim along the top of DSP. I used Dimensionals to attach the focal panel to the card base and stamped the sentiment in the lower right corner.


So far I've only used this pocket die with the images that come in the stamp set (there are two other images and two additional sentiments). But one day I'll have to look at the other stamps and dies in my stash to see what else I could use to fill this pocket. Do you have any suggestions?

Thanks for stopping by!

4 comments:

Sunshine said...

These are so cute! pocket and the frame!Love the frogs and the stitching on the frame!
What about a bunny, or other cute animal to put int he pocket? Or if you have a stamp of a mobile phone or radio, they would both look cute in the pocket! Or maybe a tiny square folded like a handkerchief?! Or what about a stamp of a pen or pencils?!
I am full of ideas tonight..remind me of this when I am stuck for ideas on how to finish off my cards!! Lol:-) Are these made with some of your new "toys" you got at the craft show recently?!
Enjoy the rest of the weekend, it's Sunday evening (6.07pm) for me.
Sunshine
ihearttostamp.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

The pockets are so fun - I like Sunshine's ideas for "fillers". What about tools (hammer, wrench, etc)? Could the pocket be adhered around edges only and include a real mini candy bar, lollipop. etc - stamped images would work too? Gift card in pocket, or cash? Could put an empty pocket on the front "Are your pockets empty?" - with the card/cash inside. Keys - new house, new car or driver's license?
Judy

Andrea said...

Thanks, Sunshine! No, I didn't use any new toys for these cards. But I do have several piles of new stuff sitting around my craft room, so I should get on that!

Andrea said...

Thanks, Judy! You guys have some great ideas for this pocket. It's too small for a mini candy bar, but a lollipop would be cute. And tools would be perfect; I have some tool dies that I think would be just the right size.