Thursday, January 24, 2019

Hi there, bears

We're in a bitter cold snap in my neck of the woods. The forecast for next Wednesday is predicting a high temperature of -9°F (that's around -23°C). Brr. If I could, I'd go into hibernation like the bears and not venture out until spring.

But it looks like a few bears have braved the cold and ventured out early so I could put them on these cute cards:

Supplies (all Stampin' Up! unless otherwise noted):
Stamps: Hi There Bear (Concord & 9th)
Paper: 80-lb white card stock (Cougar)
Ink: Pool Party, Crumb Cake, Old Olive, Daffodil Delight, Early Espresso
Accessories: Hi There Bear dies (Concord & 9th), gold sequins (Craft Medley), corner rounder, Dimensionals

The Hi There Bear stamp and die set are so much fun. There are various fill-in and outline pieces so you can make different types and colors of bears. There also are all kinds of accessories and greetings so your bear is ready for any occasion.

This particular card was a pick-me-up for a friend, so I gave my bear a bouquet of cheerful yellow flowers. I added some gold sequins to bring out the yellow and create a little sparkle.

Supplies (all Stampin' Up! unless otherwise noted):
Stamps: Hi There Bear (Concord & 9th)
Paper: 80-lb white card stock (Cougar); Crumb Cake, Powder Pink, Real Red, Crushed Curry card stock
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Crumb Cake, Powder Pink, Real Red, Crushed Curry, Soft Suede, Chocolate Chip, Smoky Slate, Tempting Turquoise
Accessories: Hi There Bear dies (Concord & 9th), Basic Black baker's twine, linen thread, washi tape (Recollections and unknown), Dimensionals

These bears also were perfect for a few kids' birthday cards. I was experimenting with different color combinations, so I stamped a bunch of bears and festive accessories, die cut them, and played around with different groupings until I was happy with the arrangement. I placed a strip of washi tape along the bottom edge of three white card bases to give the bears something to "stand" on and then adhered them to the cards with Dimensionals. Here is a close-up of one of the cards:


I hope we don't have to "bear" this weather for too long. (Sorry, I couldn't help myself.) Thanks for stopping by!

1 comment:

Sunshine said...

What cute and colourful bears! They are 'beary' nice! (Sorry!) So sorry to hear about how cold it is in your neck of the woods. Yes, hibernating like a bear during winter would be SO nice! Hope you have plenty of heating to keep you warm!
Sunshine