Thursday, August 30, 2018

August garden update

Our garden is just chugging along this summer. I snapped a few pictures last week and figured I'd better share them before the month is over!

We've harvested and eaten several cucumbers already -- cucumber noodles, a couple of cucumber salads and plenty of slices for munching, water flavoring and toppings for garden salads. These are a couple of new baby cukes -- and I love all the curlicue tendrils.

Look at all the flowers coming in on the yellow squash. The zucchini is doing great, too.


The tomatoes have been a little bit slower. We've picked three so far and ate the first one tonight with veggie burgers and salad.


And the sunflowers. We planted seeds all along the chain link fence in the back of the garden, and quite a few of them sprouted. But the stalks in this clump are the only ones that survived; I imagine that birds or critters snacked on the others.

The sunflowers are getting taller and taller, but there are no actual flowers yet (see a flower head in the photo below). Hopefully they'll have time to blossom before the weather gets too cool.


Thanks for stopping by!

1 comment:

Sunshine said...

Your veggie garden is looking delicious! I just love fresh home grown fruit and vegetables:-) I am bout to plant some tomato seeds I saved from last summer - we'll see what grows!
P.S. I love cucumbers:-)
Sunshine
www.ihearttostamp.blogspot.com