Wednesday, August 1, 2018

Happy blog birthday

My sister reminded me this morning that today is my blog's birthday. Normally I remember my blog's birthday, but this year it completely slipped my mind. (Maybe that's because I had a dentist appointment today and was busy not looking forward to that.) At any rate, today marks seven years of blogging for me, and here's a card to celebrate:

Supplies (all Stampin' Up! unless otherwise noted):
Stamps: Birthday Stacks (Concord & 9th)
Paper: Thick Whisper White card stock
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Poppy Parade, Daffodil Delight, Pacific Point
Accessories: Florence sequins (Close to My Heart), Stardust Gelly Roll pen (Sakura)

I think this is a perfect card to share on my blog birthday because 1) it captures my clean and simple style, and 2) it has sequins!

This card also illustrates that you don't need a lot of stamping supplies to create something really cute. (Shh! We won't tell my other stamping supplies since I love them all.) I used one stamp set, one piece of card stock, four ink pads (although you could easily use two or three ink pads or even just black and then color in the balloon outlines) and one embellishment. I did use a glitter pen to add some sparkle details to the balloons, but it would still be a great card without that.

Thanks for being a part of my blog over the years, whether today is your first visit or your fiftieth. I hope I've provided some inspiration for your crafty journey.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on your blog birthday! Always enjoy your style of cards. And you are right - this one's a great example of your style. I think balloons are appropriate for any recipient, I'll keep this idea in mind for future cards. Thanks for the great inspiration.
Judy

Andrea said...

Thanks, Judy! And thanks for reading my blog. 😀