Friday, March 25, 2016

What do I love? Flower stamps.

When I submitted my last Stampin' Up! order, I had a hard time picking my free Sale-A-Bration items. I hemmed and hawed about getting the set What I Love because I already have so many flower stamp sets. Did I really need another one? Probably not. But I finally decided to get it because A) it was free, and B) I love flower stamps.

I haven't had much time to play with the set, but here is the card I made:

Supplies (all Stampin' Up! unless otherwise noted):
Stamps: What I Love, Tin of Cards
Paper: Thick Whisper White card stock
Ink: Pink Pirouette, Watermelon Wonder, Old Olive, Soft Suede
Accessories: Sequins (Feb 2016 Paper Pumpkin), Fine-Tip Glue Pen, Stardust Clear Gelly Roll pen (Sakura), Fine-Tip Glue Pen

I love the depth of color in the flowers. But instead of using three different colors, I only used two: Pink Pirouette and Watermelon Wonder. I stamped the base layer in Pink Pirouette. For the middle layer, I inked the stamp with Watermelon Wonder, stamped on scratch paper and then stamped on the card base. Finally I stamped the outline part of the image with full-strength Watermelon Wonder. I used the same technique with Old Olive for the leaves.

To finish the card I stamped a sentiment, drew a border and added groups of dots in Soft Suede. I glued on a few sequins and added a little sparkle to the flowers with a Stardust Gelly Roll Pen.

Now that spring is here (or almost here) it's time for lots of flower stamps. And I'm definitely prepared. Thanks for stopping by!

No comments: