Tuesday, March 22, 2016

Quick Easter tag

I have a little confession to make: I didn't send (or even create) any Easter cards this year. I love all the cute bunny, chick and flower images of the season, but I just didn't want the stress or pressure of having to make a bunch of cards. So I didn't.

I couldn't completely avoid the bunnies, though, so I made tags for a few little Easter gifts.

Supplies (all Stampin' Up! unless otherwise noted):
Stamps: Bunny (Target), Teeny Tiny Wishes
Paper: Thick Whisper White, Pear Pizzazz card stock
Ink: Tip Top Taupe, Pool Party
Accessories: Ornate Tag Topper punch, Grassy Border Lawn Cuts die (Lawn Fawn), small white pompom (unknown), Mono Multi liquid glue, Dimensionals

Pretty cute, right? And really easy to make, which was a plus. To make the base, I punched one end of a strip of thick Whisper White card stock with the Ornate Tag Topper punch. The strip was a little narrower than the punch opening, so I just made sure I centered it before punching.

I added a strip of die-cut green card stock along the bottom of the tag as the grass. I love this die, and this is the first time I've used it. But if you don't have a grass-type die, you could use a fringe scissors, a plain strip of card stock or patterned paper, or even a piece of green washi tape.

I stamped the bunny on white card stock with Tip Top Taupe ink and cut it out by hand. Then I glued on a little white pompom for the bunny's tail and used Dimensionals to attach the image to the tag. The "Happy Easter" greeting in Pool Party ink was the final step.

Have a "hoppy" Easter, and thanks for stopping by!

No comments: