Monday, January 18, 2016

Mini treat bag cards

I've had the Mini Treat Bag Thinlits dies for quite awhile now, but I haven't spent much time playing with them. I love that the bags are small enough to fit inside an A2-sized envelope -- what a fun way to present a quick note to a friend. So last weekend I decided to use the dies to make a couple of cute all-occasion cards.

Supplies (all Stampin' Up! unless otherwise noted):
Paper: Pretty Petals Designer Series Paper (DSP) Stack, Pacific Point and Very Vanilla card stock
Accessories: Mini Treat Bag Thinlits dies, Pacific Point stitched grosgrain ribbon, Old Olive 1/8" taffeta ribbon, silver baker's twine, silver sequin trim, Corner Chomper (We R Memory Keepers), 1/8" hole punch, Fine-Tip Glue Pen

I used a lot of the same supplies for both cards, and this one is the simpler of the two. The Pretty Petals 6" x 6" DSP stack worked perfectly for the mini treat bag; each bag uses one and a half sheets of DSP, so with three sheets I was able to make two bags. For this bag I added just a few embellishments: a die-cut bow and three silver sequins in the lower right corner.

The card inside the treat bag is 3-1/2" x 4-1/2". I rounded the corners and adhered a narrow strip of DSP (left over from making the bag) along the bottom edge. I punched a hole in the top of the card and added some Pacific Point and Old Olive ribbon, secured with a silver baker's twine bow. For a little more silver I added three sequins in the lower left corner.

I left my card blank so I would have plenty of room to write a note, but you also could stamp any desired sentiment on the card front and write on the back.

Supplies (all Stampin' Up! unless otherwise noted):
Paper: Pretty Petals DSP Stack, Pacific Point, Old Olive, Very Vanilla card stock; silver foil sheets
Accessories: Mini Treat Bag Thinlits dies, Decorative Dots embossing folder, Scripty Hello Lawn Cuts die (Lawn Fawn), metallic foil doilies, Dotted Scallop Ribbon border punch, 1/8" silver ribbon, Corner Chomper (We R Memory Keepers), Tiny Attacher (Tim Holtz), Fine-Tip Glue Pen

This treat bag is a little fancier, but still pretty easy to make. This time to embellish the mini treat bag I started with a strip of Pacific Point card stock that was 1-1/4" x 8-1/2". I folded the strip in half and used the pennant-shaped die from the Mini Treat Bag Thinlits set to make the pointed ends. (With the strip folded in half I held the die together with the card stock and used a scissors to trim along the edge of the die.) Then I embossed the strip with the Decorative Dots embossing folder. I embossed one half of the strip then flipped the card stock around and embossed the other half. (I just made sure not to use a design that had a specific direction; otherwise half of the design would be embossed upside-down.)

After embossing the Pacific Point strip I punched a piece of Old Olive card stock with the Dotted Scallop Ribbon border punch. I cut the strip in half length-wise and adhered each piece along the edges of half of the blue strip so that the scallops just peek out. I glued half of a silver doily to the front of the treat bag and adhered the strip around the bag so it covered the top edge of the doily. The pointed ends stick out past the right edge of the bag, but it will still fit in an A2 envelope. Finally I added a silver die-cut "hello" to the embossed strip.

The inside card for this version is still pretty basic -- plenty of room to stamp and/or write. Again I added a narrow strip of DSP along the bottom edge of the card, this time with a piece of silver ribbon. To make the tab on the top, I used the pennant-shaped die and cut out a piece of Pacific Point card stock. I folded the pennant in half and stapled it to the top of the card.


Thanks for stopping by!

No comments: