Thursday, January 14, 2016

Birthday buddies

I realized recently that my stash of birthday cards is getting pretty low, so I need to get busy and refill it. Here's a quick and cute one to get started:

Supplies (all Stampin' Up! unless otherwise noted):
Stamps: Three Amigos (Mama Elephant)
Paper: Thick Whisper White, Basic Black card stock
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Smoky Slate, Crushed Curry, Basic Gray, Cajun Craze
Accessories: Small and large oval punches, White Perfect Accents, Beach House washi tape, All Is Calm washi tape, Dimensionals

I think these three little buddies are adorable, and I love that you can stamp different sentiments on their signs. I think they'd be really cute paper-pieced with patterned paper, but for this card I colored them in with markers and then cut them out. I punched out Basic Black ovals and glued them to the animals to look like shadows and then used Dimensionals to adhere the pieces to the white card base. I struggled with the embellishments and finally decided to keep it pretty neutral with two different colors of washi tape and a few white enamel dots.

Thanks for stopping by!

No comments: