Saturday, January 2, 2016

Merry and bright

Happy new year! I had a pretty uneventful New Year's Eve -- dinner and Netflix at home with my sister. I managed to stay up until midnight, but I went to bed right after that because I had to work early on Jan. 1. I did have one fun surprise, though: when I was putting away my extra Christmas cards I found one last card of my favorite design from this year. I mentioned in my last post that I thought I had given them all away without taking any pictures, so I was happy to find that card. I still have to take a picture of it, so that will be my next post. Today I'm going to share a clean and simple design with the sentiment as the focal point.

Supplies (all Stampin' Up!):
Stamps: Holly Jolly Greetings
Paper: Thick Whisper White card stock, silver paper (retired), All Is Calm designer Series Paper (DSP)
Ink: Soft Sky, Pear Pizzazz, Lost Lagoon
Accessories: Christmas Greetings Thinlits dies, Star Confetti punch, Lost Lagoon taffeta ribbon, Mono Multi liquid glue

I chose my colors for this card from the All Is Calm DSP, which I bought on clearance last year. I used the two lightest colors -- Soft Sky and Pear Pizzazz -- to make the background. I inked up the star/confetti image with one of the colors and stamped several times before re-applying ink to get different shades of color and create depth. Then I repeated the process with the second ink color.

For the focal image I die cut the word "merry" from silver paper. Before I glued it on the card, I played around with the placement, then moved it off the card and stamped the hanging star and "& bright" with Lost Lagoon ink. Then I used tiny dots of Mono Multi liquid glue to adhere the die-cut to the card. To add a little more sparkle I punched a few stars out of the silver paper and glued them near the upper left corner of the card.

To finish off this card I placed a piece of striped All Is Calm DSP along the bottom and tied a piece of Lost Lagoon ribbon over the top edge of the DSP. (I also used the Envelope Liner Framelits dies to make a coordinating envelope, but I forgot to include that in the picture.)

Thanks for stopping by!

No comments: