Thursday, January 7, 2016

A happy snowman

I was hoping to post this last Christmas card earlier in the week, but I've been under the weather since Christmas Eve and when I wasn't at work I didn't have the energy to do much else besides lie on the couch. But I'm finally starting to feel like a normal human being, so without further ado here is my final -- and favorite -- Christmas card design from 2015:

Supplies (all Stampin' Up! unless otherwise noted):
Stamps: KB's Heart Looking Up (Endless Creations)
Paper: Pool Party, Whisper White card stock, All Is Calm Designer Series Paper (DSP), Brights DSP Stack
Ink: Tuxedo Memento Black, Real Red marker, Pumpkin Pie marker, Project Life journaling pens, Clear Stardust Gelly Roll pen (Sakura)
Accessories: Snowflake Elements, rhinestones, Fine-Tip Glue Pen


I love this snowman image; he just looks so happy about winter. When I was thinking about a layout, I came across this snowflake-printed paper in the All Is Calm DSP and I knew it would be the perfect snowstorm-y background.

I stamped the image first on the piece of DSP to get his stick arms on the panel. Then I stamped the image again on Whisper White card stock. I colored the white snowman's nose, buttons and scarf with markers and a Gelly Roll pen and then cut him out (except the arms) and glued him over the snowman on the DSP. To finish the panel I used a black journaling pen to draw a border around the panel.

For the card base, I used Soft Sky card stock and added a piece of silver and white DSP (also from the All Is Calm pack) along the bottom of the card. I wanted to bring in a little bit of red on the card base, so I added a narrow strip of red-striped DSP. For a little embellishment I added a wooden snowflake and three little rhinestones.

I'm hoping to get some card-making done tomorrow, so I should be back soon with non-Christmas creations. Until then, thanks for stopping by!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

He does look happy, and he is just gorjuss! Maybe he is so happy because he has lot's of snow around him?! Well done:-)
P.S. Happy 2016!
Sunshine, NZ
www.ihearttostamp.blogspot.com