Saturday, December 19, 2015

Christmas progress

I've had a very productive week Christmas-wise -- all my cards addressed and mailed, ornaments on the tree, shopping done (I think!), and packages picked up by the mail carrier this morning -- so I'm feeling a little less stressed and a bit more in the Christmas spirit. To save my sanity I did give up the idea that I was going to sew any gifts; I had wanted to make several little things, such as lip balm and tissue holders and coin purses. I figure I'll try my hand at those after the holidays and use them as little gifts throughout the year. Or just save them for next Christmas and get a head start.

I'm also going to try to get back on track with my blog and post twice a week. Wish me luck! For now, here is another of my Christmas card designs:

Supplies (all supplies Stampin' Up! unless otherwise noted):
Stamps: 4702 - Wooden Door (Art Impressions)
Paper: Watercolor paper (Strathmore), Night of Navy card stock
Ink: Marvy Le Plume II markers (86 - African Violet, 72 - Pine Green, 45 - Sepia, 28 - English Red), Clear Stardust Gelly Roll pen (Sakura)
Accessories: Watercolor brush (unknown), Softly FAlling embossing folder, silver baker's twine, Dimensionals

This focal image was one of the ones I practiced in the Art Impressions watercolor-style stamping class I mentioned in my Fall watercolors post last month. It's also the design that is on the packaging for the Wooden Door stamp set, although I changed the color of the door from a teal blue to red. I love red doors on houses, especially at Christmas time.

To keep the watercolor image the focal point of the card, I made the card base very simple. I used Night of Navy card stock, embossed it with the Gently Falling embossing folder and added a bit of silver baker's twine for texture. That's it!

Thanks for stopping by!

No comments: