Saturday, December 12, 2015

A cozy Christmas

In my last post I shared two cards made with the Santa's sleigh image from the Cozy Christmas stamp set. Today I have a card featuring another image from that set: a cozy cabin nestled in the woods.

Supplies (all Stampin' Up! unless otherwise noted):
Stamps: Cozy Christmas
Paper: Whisper White, Mossy Meadow card stock
Ink: Mossy Meadow, Soft Suede, Smoky Slate markers; clear Stardust Gelly Roll pen (Sakura), Wink of Stella gold glitter brush pen (ZIG)
Accessories: Filigree Frame embossing folder, white glitter ribbon, Frosted Sequins, Fine-Tip Glue Pen, Dimensionals

I love this image, and I wish I'd had more time to play with it. Oh well, maybe for next year's cards. For this design I used markers to apply ink directly to the rubber stamp and then stamped the image on Whisper White card stock. I added "snow" to the trees and cabin roof with a Gelly Roll pen and used a gold glitter brush pen to create the effect of warm light in the cabin windows.

To embellish the focal layer I add glitter ribbon and a few sequins. Then I used Dimensionals to attach the panel to an embossed card base.

Thanks for stopping by!

No comments: