Wednesday, December 9, 2015

Santa's sleigh

It's only sixteen days until Christmas. Eek! How did that happen? I've barely done any shopping, the tree is up but not decorated, I have a whole list of gifts I want to make (but haven't started), and I don't think I 'll be able to put out my Lego village. And then there's my crazy work schedule on top of everything. Sigh. I'm feeling a little stressed about getting everything done, so my blog posts may be a little sparse until after the holidays. For now here are a couple of cards I made with the Santa's sleigh image from the Cozy Christmas stamp set:

Supplies (all Stampin' Up! unless otherwise noted):
Stamps: Cozy Christmas, Hello December (Glitz)
Paper: Whisper White note cards and envelopes
Ink: Real Red, Soft Suede
Accessories: In Color sequins, red and white baker's twine (Target), Fine Tip Glue Pen

This was a very simple card design: two colors, two stamped images and two embellishments on a white card base. But I love the way it turned out; it makes me smile.

Supplies (all Stampin' Up! unless otherwise noted):
Stamps: Cozy Christmas
Paper: Basic Black, Whisper White card stock; red foil sheets
Ink: Smoky Slate, Memento Tuxedo Black, clear Stardust Gelly Roll pen (Sakura)
Accessories: Read Red Pompom trim, silver sequin trim, Tiny Attacher (Tim Holtz)

This card design has a few more steps, but I love the classic red, white and black color combo. I added sparkle in a few different ways: a layer of red foil, a few sequins, and accents made with a glitter pen on the focal image.

Thanks for stopping by!

No comments: