Wednesday, November 11, 2015

Thankful for forest friends

When I saw the Thankful Forest Friends stamp set in the Stampin' Up! 2015 Holiday catalog, I immediately fell in love with the adorable critters. I combined them with the coordinating Into the Woods Designer Series Paper (DSP) and Crumb Cake note cards and envelopes to make a few cute fall cards.

Supplies (all Stampin' Up!):
Stamps: Thankful Forest Friends, Grateful Greetings
Paper: Crumb Cake note cards and envelopes, Whisper White card stock, Into the Woods DSP
Ink: Early Espresso, Soft Suede, Cajun Craze
Accessories: 2-1/2" circle punch, 1/8" gold ribbon, gold sequin trim, Envelope Liner Framelits dies, Dimensionals, Glue Dots

For this card I stamped all three animals on Whisper White card stock and cut them out by hand. (I actually like "fussy cutting," but these animals really aren't too hard to cut out.) I used two different prints from the Into the Woods DSP to make a background and adhered the animals in a group, using Dimensionals for the fox and the bunny to add some depth.

Supplies (all Stampin' Up!):
Stamps: Thankful Forest Friends
Paper: Crumb Cake note cards and envelopes, Whisper White card stock, Into the Woods DSP
Ink: Early Espresso, Soft Suede, Tangelo Twist, Daffodil Delight, Old Olive, Rich Razzleberry
Accessories: Into the Woods ribbon, Into the Woods Elements, Envelope Liner Framelits dies, Dimensionals

I used markers to color one of the sentiment stamps from Thankful Forest Friends and stamped it on a panel of Whisper White card stock. I adhered that panel to the right side of a note card and added a strip of DSP to the top and bottom of the panel. I stamped and cut out the bear and adhered it below the sentiment. A strip of Rich Razzleberry ribbon and wooden accent finish off the card.

Supplies (all Stampin' Up!):
Stamps: Thankful Forest Friends
Paper: Crumb Cake note cards and envelopes, Whisper White and Rich Razzleberry card stock, Into the Woods DSP
Ink: Mossy Meadow, Early Espresso, Soft Suede, Tangelo Twist, Rich Razzleberry
Accessories: Into the Woods ribbon, gold sequin trim, 2-1/2" circle punch, Emvelope Liner Framelits dies, Glue Dots, Dimensionals

This card doesn't have any of the animal images, but I still think it's cute. I layered a piece of DSP onto Rich Razzleberry card stock for the background. For the focal image, I colored and stamped a sentiment, punched it out with a circle punch and added tails of Rich Razzleberry ribbon and gold sequin trim. It's simple, but I love the colors and the pattern on the DSP.

I want to try using the animal images on non-autumn cards (I've seen some great samples), but that will probably have to wait a bit. I finished making my fall/Thanksgiving cards today (I'll share them in the next two or three posts), but now I've got to focus on Christmas -- I want to make a bunch of gifts and ornaments this year in addition to the cards, so that will keep me busy for awhile. Thanks for stopping by!

No comments: