Saturday, November 14, 2015

Home tweet home

My little series of autumn cards continues today with a cute birdhouse-shaped card design.

Supplies (all Stampin' Up! unless otherwise noted):
Stamps: Hardwood
Paper: House cards - Fossil (The Paper Cut); Lost Lagoon, Early Espresso, Cajun Craze card stock
Ink: Lost Lagoon, Soft Suede, Crumb Cake, Early Espresso marker
Accessories: Bird Builder punch, Autumn Accents die, Woodgrain embossing folder, 1 3/4" circle punch, sponge, Mono Multi liquid glue, Glue Dots, 3-in-1 Craft Glue (Beacon)

Really, this card design could be used for any season by simply omitting the leaves -- or changing them to a shade of green -- or using flower, butterfly or snowflake shapes instead. (A set of four birdhouse cards, one for each season, would make a fun gift.) To add some texture to the cards I embossed the leaves with the Woodgrain embossing folder and found some small twigs in my front yard to use for the perches. Because of the twigs I think I'll have to either hand deliver these cards or send them in padded mailers, but I think it's worth it.

Supplies (all Stampin' Up! unless otherwise noted):
Paper: House cards - Fossil (The Paper Cut); Whisper White, Soft Sky, Garden Green, Early Espresso, Mossy Meadow card stock; Into the Woods Designer Series Paper
Ink: Crumb Cake
Accessories: Autumn Mix Flower Soft (Katy Sue Designs), window dies (Our Daily Bread), Bird Builder punch, Brick Wall embossing folder, sponge, Mono Multi liquid glue, Dimensionals

I also tried a different approach to the house-shaped card bases by making one into an actual house, or more specifically, part of a house. The window die I have was too big for the card, so I cut off the sill and the bottom two panes from the white window. I glued die-cut curtains and blue card stock behind the rest of the window frame and green leaves to the back of the window sill. Then I adhered those pieces to the house card base, which I had embossed with the brick embossing folder. I glued a few punched branches at the top of the card and added autumn-colored Flower Soft to the branches and window sill. To be honest, I'm not crazy about how the Flower Soft looks here, but it was worth a try. I do like the rest of the card, though, so maybe I'll try it again another time.

I think I have one more autumn card design to post, and then I'll be on to other projects. Thanks for stopping by!

No comments: